Can carrier-locked devices (AT&T Lumia 1520) be upgraded to Win 10 build 10166?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I would like to update my AT&T L1520 to Win 10... what is the best current way to do this? My device currently can not complete a backup without an error at 97%.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to update my AT&T L1520 to Win 10... what is the best current way to do this? My device currently can not complete a backup without an error at 97%.
If you cannot finish the backup, delete existing backups and try again. This happens when backup is corrupted (for whatever reason).

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've installed win10 10166, then a hard reset and restore from backup (even though it previously crashed at 97%, there was a backup from today available - which I used. However, my capacitive buttons do not work at all and I am not able to get to the start screen.

I just did a soft reset and thankfully am now able to use the buttons and see the start screen!

The settings are generic though as if the back up was not restored, plus the tiles only take up the left 2/3rds of the screen.

Last edited:

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
You can now have four columns of tiles on L1520 or you can switch back to three in settings. I found it best to not use any backup to restore after hard reset. You get a clean W10 installation and setting up my three email accounts does not take that long.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
where is the setting for three columns? - found it - settings > personalization > Start > show more tiles > off.

also, groove music does not see my one drive music collection. is there a way to sync these like in 8.1? thanks!

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
where is the setting for three columns? - found it - settings > personalization > Start > show more tiles > off.

also, groove music does not see my one drive music collection. is there a way to sync these like in 8.1? thanks!
Make sure you are logged in on OneDrive and have set it up. Also make sure have signed in on Groove music. Took some time but mine showed up.

vntf201

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I've installed win10 10166, then a hard reset and restore from backup (even though it previously crashed at 97%, there was a backup from today available - which I used. However, my capacitive buttons do not work at all and I am not able to get to the start screen.

I just did a soft reset and thankfully am now able to use the buttons and see the start screen!

The settings are generic though as if the back up was not restored, plus the tiles only take up the left 2/3rds of the screen.

Hi there, sorry, but how can u upgrade your phone from 8.1 to 10? I use 1520 att too, and i don't know how to update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos