Next W10 Mobile Update

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So, this is probably a stupid question - but the roll out this week is just for desktop right? Is there an update for mobile coming as well?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
So, this is probably a stupid question - but the roll out this week is just for desktop right? Is there an update for mobile coming as well?

Mmm....no offence but.....win 10 desktop is due 29th (ish), probably a staggered rollout, so when available you'll get it in turn

As for mobile, it is far from finished! No whispers of next build yet, rest assured, as soon as it is, these boards will light up.

Ps..there are threads about this, so try a search first 😁

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Not a stupid question. Thanks for asking.

Only the official PC update is rolling out this week. Hopefully a mobile build in the fast ring isn't too far away!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is looking like it'll be released in the Autumn/Fall of this year. It certainly won't be released at the same time (or even close) to the release of Windows 10 for desktops.

We might see a new Technical Preview build of Windows 10 Mobile fairly soon, but don't be surprised if it's not this week.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
We sometimes see leaks and rumors of the next build a few days before its released. We are due for a new one, after 10166 which was and is very promising, but still with enough rough spots for their to be a large amount of fixes and refinements piling up. I'm not so sure when W10M will go final. Its not near as far off as it used to be! FWIW, they seem to be at or near decision points on the final features, and after that its just a matter of tightening down everything and making it work and stable. On the desktop side, we saw an accelerating number of Builds issued, but the time between feature lockdown and release wasn't that long. It has been almost anti-climatic. There were rumors about the last build but I wasn't sure until after I had it that it was essentially the same as the official launch. Can't wait for the first post-launch technical preview!

I wouldn't imagine the W10M team is running around with their hair on fire screaming, "OMG! W10 Desktop! OMG!" Hopefully they are working up the next Build and the lack of rumors reflects the preoccupation with the desktop launch rather than inactivity on the W10M front.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
My main PC has already got the Win 10 upgrade. UK here at 10am

D'oh. I'm in UK and not a sniff. 😢.

Like others on here, I guess W10 and W10M together would have been nice, but I guess W10M will be released in conjunction with a flagship device. Would that be too late for potential mobile users? Would it allow 'issues' in 'desktop' to be resolved thus W10M becoming a seamless addition?? The only people that know ( we hope ), are Msoft.

I came here from Android, and I am sold on the Windows ecosystem for phones. Apart from a couple of niggles, like poor browsers, it just works! Cortana has made a HUGE difference for me, unlike Google's poor, unreliable, deaf, robotic attempt at voice commands.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
D'oh. I'm in UK and not a sniff. ��.

Like others on here, I guess W10 and W10M together would have been nice, but I guess W10M will be released in conjunction with a flagship device. Would that be too late for potential mobile users? Would it allow 'issues' in 'desktop' to be resolved thus W10M becoming a seamless addition?? The only people that know ( we hope ), are Msoft.

I came here from Android, and I am sold on the Windows ecosystem for phones. Apart from a couple of niggles, like poor browsers, it just works! Cortana has made a HUGE difference for me, unlike Google's poor, unreliable, deaf, robotic attempt at voice commands.

Have you tried the CMD trick? That worked for me. It's mentioned on the wpcentral home page.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They did originally say the end of July updates would be more polished and more frequent so if not by Friday I'm guessing next week

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got passed 10166 yet on WP10? I couldn't get on with it. Bluetooth didn't work properly, dropped calls, bad cortana etc.

chetan4windows

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft has delivered Windows 10 for desktops globally but they are working on a quite huge collection of fixes and improvements with feature additions.. Now windows 10 mobile is also in works but its near to feature complete.. The next update for windows 10 mobile will be polished UI, bug fixes and improvements.. As both are in progress, we can expect next build for mobile in next 2 weeks or probably after 1 week.. Hope they deliver it soon . im waiting for it :)

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got an update notification on my 1020 with "developer improvements" listed as the changelog. I'll keep you guys posted if there's anything else substantial

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got an update notification on my 1020 with "developer improvements" listed as the changelog. I'll keep you guys posted if there's anything else substantial
I also got an update notification. So far, it seems smoother than without it, but I've only had it for a few minutes. It must be a bugfix release, as the version number has not changed even after the update was applied.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I also got an update notification. So far, it seems smoother than without it, but I've only had it for a few minutes. It must be a bugfix release, as the version number has not changed even after the update was applied.

It's ruined my phone - can't open any apps now. Looks like I'm waiting or hard resetting if something doesn't happen

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Brricked it!
My phone has been on spinning gears for 16 hours. I'm currently using the Nokia Recovery tool & rolling back to Denim.
My fingers are crossed at this point that I still have a functioning phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon