So, do I have 10 now.... or not?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing the Insider Preview. Update tells me I'm up to date. About tells me I'm running Windows 10 Pro. Winver says Version 10.0 (Build 10240).

Is that what all the people who haven't been testing and running the Previews get, Build 10240? Or should I be getting something else.

BTW, today suddenly this morning I'm having a huge problem with Mail. As soon as I click on an e-mail to open one or try to delete one by putting the trackpad pointer on the trashcan, mail abruptly closes. That's never happened before, Mail always worked fine.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I was disappointed this morning to find there was nothing new in Windows Update except the usual defender stuff. Then I realized, what the public gets today, I've been playing with for the past week or so.

Yes, if you're up to date you have the same thing as the public release.

Not sure about your mail issue, have you checked the store to make sure all the apps are up to date? I use Outlook 2013 and rarely open the actual mail app - it's handy though to see notifications on the lock screen or whatever.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. The only update I had showing earlier today was Reader. I use Outlook 2013 too, but mainly for my business exchange server mail and have been using the Mail app to test it. I turned off the live tile the other day because it just wasn't keeping up to date. But it's suddenly acting so strangely today not only can I not read or delete mails but I can't switch mail accounts either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786