Developer enhancements update destroyed my phone (UPDATE: works again)

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
After my installed the developer enhancements update I am not able to open any app. Whatever I do it tells me "this app cannot be opened, maybe there is a update in the store" - but hey store brings the same message. I think I need to use the recovery tools when I come home cause the same message also appears when I want to access the settings for a hard reset.

Update: After a few minutes the phone seems to work normal again, but the developer enhancement update popped up again with the message "we could not finish the update"

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had similar issues - half of my apps worked but the other gave me that error message. I've said this in a few other threads because I remember this trick from WP8 days, but this is how you get those apps (that give you that error) to work:

Try installing a new language pack or keyboard. This is because the way a language pack is installed is similar to how an update is installed - it involves migrating your apps from a system partition. Sometimes (like with the last update), the migration process forgets to migrate everything over and apps crash and don't work. Go to settings > language > keyboard and add one in that requires a download. Then go to phone update and install it (called additional language support). Just let it install and leave the phone plugged in for 1-2 hours. If you have Glance enabled, the glance screen should be showing before you start using it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss