Ringtone maker Windows Phone 10

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't seem able to create or indeed get windows to recognise my ringtones from before the upgrade. Old app to create them simply closes.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This could be a limitation inherent to the preview/development nature of Windows 10 Mobile as it currently is. However, your feedback would valuable to Microsoft if sent to them directly.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The upgrade changes custom ringtone genre to blank. Change the ringtone genre to ringtone and copy to the phones ringtone directory and it will see them. This is a bug in W10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The upgrade changes custom ringtone genre to blank. Change the ringtone genre to ringtone and copy to the phones ringtone directory and it will see them. This is a bug in W10.

Is there any way to do this on the phone without a pc?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, try file explorer, I haven't used it, but from what I've seen of it, it looks like it has access to everything you would have access to if you plugged it into a pc.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Solved the problem by using Zune, edited the ringtones and changed their genre back to Ringtone, all sorted.
Thanks!

iBrowse

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Forget ringtone makers, zune?
01) Put your ringtone mp3 in your PC Music folder.
02) Click on properties  Details  Genre => Ringtone
03) Connect phone to PC
04) Open Windows Phone App WindowsPhone.exe
05) Within App click on pc page
06) Check/Tick in Sync music
07) Check/Tick in Genres Ringtone
08) Click on Sync
09) Click on phone page
10) Ringtones should be in list and will be available on phone

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Forget ringtone makers, zune…
01) Put your ringtone mp3 in your PC Music folder.
02) Click on properties  Details  Genre => Ringtone
03) Connect phone to PC
04) Open Windows Phone App WindowsPhone.exe
05) Within App click on pc page
06) Check/Tick in Sync music
07) Check/Tick in Genres Ringtone
08) Click on Sync
09) Click on phone page
10) Ringtones should be in list and will be available on phone

Did this.. file shows up in ringtone folder on phone, and properties reflect ringtone genre, but still not showing up in the pick list for changing ringtone..

Running 101536..

I tried the old method of sending the ringtone as a text message (you could click hold and select set as ringtone), but now the text message indicates the attachment was removed...

Anyone having luck with the lastest build?

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Must convert to m4a file before copy, and genre to ringtone.. Use Phone Desktop app to sync. I got it to work on 101536

stevied07

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
It's absolutely insane that we would have to go through all these steps to have a song as a ringtone on the phone........ MS you have to come up with a better way for marking or picking songs as a ringtone.... this is 101 in building a smartphone!!!! If you want to be a player in the mobile phone market then you have to first get the phone basics down.

zefsgr

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
It's absolutely insane that we would have to go through all these steps to have a song as a ringtone on the phone........ MS you have to come up with a better way for marking or picking songs as a ringtone.... this is 101 in building a smartphone!!!! If you want to be a player in the mobile phone market then you have to first get the phone basics down.

I am pretty sure on the 8.1 file explorer we could select the mp3 file and set it as ringtone or am I wrong?
After hard reset on W10M this app was removed from my phone so can't test it.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure on the 8.1 file explorer we could select the mp3 file and set it as ringtone or am I wrong?
After hard reset on W10M this app was removed from my phone so can't test it.

You can use a mp3 file but it can not be bigger than 300k or some size like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb