Store Stops Opening - 10166

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I am guessing I know what the solution is (factory reset), but I want to check before I make a go of it..

I have been running Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 on my Lumia 640 (T-Mobile, RM-1073) for almost a month now. It has been my daily driver, and for the most part has been working great.

Yesterday, I wanted to check some apps and the Store wouldn't open. There is no error displayed. Just splashed the blue screen and then goes back to where I was.

I have tried on cellular, airport wifi, and now home wi-fi. Nothing.

Is there a way around this, or do I start a factory reset.

Guessing I will be doing a factory reset here in a bit.
Carl

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hope the hard reset works

It didn't. Started the hard reset at 930 last night, and was still going at 5:30 this morning. Just finished the WPRT, and now going back to 10166.

edit -> and now that I've had to do all this to get back to 10166, the odds have increased that MS will release a new build later today or tomorrow. :wink:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
and now that I've had to do all this to get back to 10166, the odds have increased that MS will release a new build later today or tomorrow

If they do I'll kiss you (not happening lol), but yea hope they give us a new build soon, because I'm seeing too many threads about it... Are you already on 10166? any improvements?

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
If they do I'll kiss you (not happening lol), but yea hope they give us a new build soon, because I'm seeing too many threads about it... Are you already on 10166? any improvements?

Yeah, I am back on 10166 and everything is fine. The screen did freeze after a call, but I remembered that I hadn't yet done the Factory Reset after the install, so I did the Factory reset (no restore) and it seems to be fine. Loading apps time permitting. Hard to be full geek when I have to work at some point during the day. :)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Had the same thing yesterday myself, I didn't do anything about 2 hours later worked fine, also happened once today but can back ok.

mgerbasio

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine isn't working either. I tried pulling the battery, soft reset, waiting for a couple of days, wifi only, cellular only.

I tap the store icon, it opens to a blue screen showing only the icon, a couple of seconds the icon disappears leaving just a blank blue screen. Then the app just closes.

I'm not going to do another hard reset, I'm going to wait for the next update which will hopefully appear next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99