Why can't the Lumia software recovery tool recover my Lumia 925?

mpgleave

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: why the lumia software recovery tool can't recover my lumia 925?

I have just managed to sort this. My phone did the same as yours last night. I loaded up the latest version of the recover tool, selected my phone couldn't be detected and it managed to detect it. Just follow the instructions to reboot your phone and hopefully you'll be ok

sandeep4606

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

on my lumia 925 i was going to update to the windows 10, and when it was ready to install, it restart and the gears begin to spin, however it restart but in the gears the gauge doesn't fill, then no more than 5 or 7 seconds and it restart again the lumia has been stucking in this eternal loop of AT&T LOGO FOLLOWING THE GEARS.

i can prove that i have done everything in the correct way:
1. i have my account in hte windows insider program.
2. i have the app of windows insider.
3. i have leave it download all the night.
4. the smartphone has the full charge.
5. and for credibility: i'm a student of software development.

the big trouble is for the lumia software recovery tool and nokia care suite, with the lumia recovery, i open it in: MY PHONE DOES NOT START OR RESPOND and the software can't recover my phone because i have done a hard reset, flash mode and i still don't know all the combination bottoms to put an end to the loop while it is connected to the pc, while it is without connect it just turn off, it is the same for nokia care.

please someone help this is my only, i know that this is a risk but in the end i was hoping just common errors but THIS!!!.

PS: i live in Panam? there is not a microsoft store, there is not a windows phone expert.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

First of all, unplug phone and try a soft reset: hold vol down + power 15 secs.
Phone should complete the install process, then reboot.

If doens't work, Hard reset key sequence, if I remember well, with phone unplugged:

hold vol + and plug charger,
hold till a ! sign appear, then release vol + ,
press vol +, vol -, power, vol -

Phone should start hard reset and Gears

You found one rare case of corrupted system install... It could happen, same as desktops :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss