Why can't the Lumia software recovery tool recover my Lumia 925?

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
why the lumia software recovery tool can't recover my lumia 925?

on my lumia 925 i was going to update to the windows 10, and when it was ready to install, it restart and the gears begin to spin, however it restart but in the gears the gauge doesn't fill, then no more than 5 or 7 seconds and it restart again the lumia has been stucking in this eternal loop of AT&T LOGO FOLLOWING THE GEARS.

i can prove that i have done everything in the correct way:
1. i have my account in hte windows insider program.
2. i have the app of windows insider.
3. i have leave it download all the night.
4. the smartphone has the full charge.
5. and for credibility: i'm a student of software development.

the big trouble is for the lumia software recovery tool and nokia care suite, with the lumia recovery, i open it in: MY PHONE DOES NOT START OR RESPOND and the software can't recover my phone because i have done a hard reset, flash mode and i still don't know all the combination bottoms to put an end to the loop while it is connected to the pc, while it is without connect it just turn off, it is the same for nokia care.

please someone help this is my only, i know that this is a risk but in the end i was hoping just common errors but THIS!!!.

PS: i live in Panam? there is not a microsoft store, there is not a windows phone expert.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: why the lumia software recovery tool can't recover my lumia 925?

You could just let your phone die. If it's stuck in that loop if you unplug it it'll probably die within a day. Plug it into your computer and continuously refresh the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to find your phone as it boots back up.
If you're using the Software Recovery Tool I suggest going to the Windows Phone Recovery Tool as I'm pretty sure it was built with the Windows Insider Preview program in mind.

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue but with the ;-( at the end. If you're using the recovery tool, plug and unplug, wait for a while, if it doesn't show the square with two arrows (like refresh but square), do the volume down+power hold.

Also, if you're using windows 10, it might not work. I installed Windows 8 in a virtual machine and it detected my phone.

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

it does not find the phone, it keep poping the blue screen trying to find the phone while the phone is restarting.
but if the phone die is it not better?
because if the phone die in a day, i think that i can revive it with the tools.

(with the recovery tools i have doing this since the 9:00 AM and there is no reaction to the connections.)
can the cell die in a day and after a day the device will not do that eternal loop?
and so I can install with the tools, the OS of the phone from scratch.

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Zachary Boddy, the smartphone will really die completely after one day?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Your phone doesn't have an amazing battery life as it is. It's respectable, but not great. With the screen running all the time and conducting updates which are processor heavy tasks, your battery will most likely die within 24 hours of being away from the cord if not faster.

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

after the batery die, what do i do?
plug in the computer, open the software recovery and do the hard reset, can this work while it's without charge?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

You'll have to wait for the phone to boot back up again. The point of having it die is to see if we can stop that endless loop. You'll still need to rollback to 8.1 but maybe this will make it easier.

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

i will wait until th battery die and later i will connect the phone trying to bring it back to 8.1.

what if this endless loop does not stop?

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
i have not done the hard reset because there is a lot of blog, webs that write differents combination and because it keeps in the loop.
i can only give a soft reset and flash mode (the flash and the gear).

Last edited:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
If you decide to do a hard reset then the way to do it on the Lumia 925 is to hold down the Volume Down, Power and Camera button at the same time until you feel the phone vibrate. Once the phone vibrates release the power button but CONTINUE to hold down the volume down and camera button for another five seconds.

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The hard reset didn't work, just the soft reset and the flash mode, are you sure that the hard reset work with that keys??. The battery of the phone already die, the loop keeps and I'm pressing the buttons trying to connect to the PC

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Those are the keys to hard reset your phone. Nokia is notorious for it.
You are going to have to keep trying. There's a tiny windows where the computer recognizes your phone and you have to find it.

Derick Garcia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
i got this, changing the usb cable and the usb port, finally the pc find something BUT the phone just install QUALCOMM MSM DEVICE so investigate and the trouble more big than expected, i have found a web page that have the steps to recover this dead phone, is in spanish but the real problem is this will work because there are a lot of trouble for recover a real DEAD PHONE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte