Why can't my phone receive Messages (Windows 10 Mobile)?

MonsterPine

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
My phone can't receive Messages (Windows 10 Mobile)

Hi.

I'm currently using Lumia 625 with Windows 10 for mobile version 10.0.10166.0 -

There are 2 problems that I've been experiencing right now:

1) My phone unable to receive or sent messages, but it still can make/receive a call.

2) The data connection just can't be activated/connected, there are no 'H' symbol on the top of the screen although it still appeared when I scroll down the action center, so I assume that the connection is in dormant state. (I still can connect to the internet using Wi-Fi)

I've been trying to reset my phone once through (setting>about>reset) but it seems nothing changes with the problem, I have also trying to hard reset my phone through hardware-way but it stuck in black screen with 'bolt' and 'gear' on it, I waited hours that perhaps it just need to be waiting for but in the end nothing is happened.

Is this problems I'm having right now is supposed to happen on this build? Or it's just my device that currently not so-compatible with all Windows 10 current services?

Please help.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone can't receive Messages (Windows 10 Mobile)

Hi.

1) My phone unable to receive or sent messages, but it still can make/receive a call.

2) The data connection just can't be activated/connected, there are no 'H' symbol on the top of the screen although it still appeared when I scroll down the action center, so I assume that the connection is in dormant state. (I still can connect to the internet using Wi-Fi)

I've been trying to reset my phone once through (setting>about>reset) but it seems nothing changes with the problem, I have also trying to hard reset my phone through hardware-way but it stuck in black screen with 'bolt' and 'gear' on it, I waited hours that perhaps it just need to be waiting for but in the end nothing is happened.

Is this problems I'm having right now is supposed to happen on this build? Or it's just my device that currently not so-compatible with all Windows 10 current services?

Please help.

you may need to enter your internet settings again for you to get a data connection

rynovvv

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

This is really frustrating and microsoft should step up or wake up,i receive messages and whatsapps but with no sound or vibrate,nothing.sort it out really a simple problem

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

This is really frustrating and microsoft should step up or wake up,i receive messages and whatsapps but with no sound or vibrate,nothing.sort it out really a simple problem

have you tried checking your sounds in settings to make sure none of them are on silent and this isnt the official build if you don't like it and you need doing for notifications then roll back to 8.1

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

No, the one who needs to step up and wake up is you. Did you read ANY of the warnings and disclaimers that you had to click agree/accept to in order to install a PRE BETA OS? Don't like the bugs? Uninstall it and move on, otherwise, send feedback to help Microsoft and stop whining.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Hi.

Please help.

With your issue, just go into Access Point (extra settings) and make a new entry with the required information (no idea who your carrier is, but you can look up "* carrier name* access point settings" and that's it).

Good luck!

rynovvv

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Please help with my no notifications on messages and whatsapp,using also win 10 build 10166 in lumia 939

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

I have a 625 and after some ttime messages works...but i don't know why... try to change settings from the notification menu

rynovvv

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Tried that aswell and disabled notifications altogether,when someone sends me a message i dont get notified,only when i open messaging or whatsapp when the message appears

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Whats the use of a build if you cant even hear your messages

What's the use of whining here about it; the purpose of the technical previews for those using it to give feedback to MS where it will help get the bugs out not to post here where its just whining and helping no one. Have you done any searches in these forums for possible solutions or other users who have similar problems? Have you checked to see if your sounds settings are messed up, particularly your TTY/TDD and telecoil are turned off (ease of access)? Have you done a hard reset? Have you tried a soft reset? In short have you tried to see what might solve your problems?

rynovvv

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Jfa i have done everything you say and i am not whining,i try to see if anyone else has the same issue

rynovvv

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Thx everyone that helped and didnt help,i found the prob in backgrounds apps setting

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Please help with my no notifications on messages and whatsapp,using also win 10 build 10166 in lumia 939

The solution is to roll back to 8.1 because you're clearly not the kind of person who should be using a pre-release OS. Please rollback and quit wasting everyone's time with your endless thread bumping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb