Whats the deal with Lumia Camera features?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I just started using W10M a few days ago, and now in the process of reverting back to Cyan on my 1520. I read that MS is retiring Lumia Camera and making everyone use the stock camera. With W10M, most of the Lumia camera features are already missing. I'm so disappointed, because the quality of pictures and video are terrible. Lumia cameras are whats keeping my wife and I with WM. Is there any official info on which features will we be getting back with the final build?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I test it all the time on my L830, Microsoft Camera seems to have less contrast or vibrance sometimes and less clarity.. Just software modifications that can be fixed or not at all. Can you post pictures so I can see more clearly why everybody says so?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I test it all the time on my L830, Microsoft Camera seems to have less contrast or vibrance sometimes and less clarity.. Just software modifications that can be fixed or not at all. Can you post pictures so I can see more clearly why everybody says so?

Sorry, slovenix. All the pix have been deleted from the reset. Already back to Cyan now. What really got me displeased is the reframing that Pureview cameras are famous for is gone. All I got was a regular crop and of course it was very blurry.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, slovenix. All the pix have been deleted from the reset. Already back to Cyan now. What really got me displeased is the reframing that Pureview cameras are famous for is gone. All I got was a regular crop and of course it was very blurry.

Ah yes, I agree on that

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You're right taking a regular pic isn't that bad and could be easily fixed with software updates. Its just the editing, reframing tools, and cool Lumia apps are missing.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows Camera, like Windows 10 Mobile, is nowhere near finished. I am pretty certain we'll get all features from Lumia Camera in the Windows Camera app at some point. Until then you can continue using Lumia Camera Beta - it works great on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Windows Camera, like Windows 10 Mobile, is nowhere near finished. I am pretty certain we'll get all features from Lumia Camera in the Windows Camera app at some point. Until then you can continue using Lumia Camera Beta - it works great on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview.

Did you have download Lumia Camera Beta from the store? Is that different from the Lumia Camera that was already preinstalled on my 1520 when installed W10M Preview? Did the reframing feature work? Because it didn't work on mine.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you have download Lumia Camera Beta from the store? Is that different from the Lumia Camera that was already preinstalled on my 1520 when installed W10M Preview? Did the reframing feature work? Because it didn't work on mine.

Yup, I installed it from the store. I reframe using Lumia Creative Studio without any problems. It's not any different from Lumia Camera, but I just find it works better on Windows 10 Mobile.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yup, I installed it from the store. I reframe using Lumia Creative Studio without any problems. It's not any different from Lumia Camera, but I just find it works better on Windows 10 Mobile.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Ill give it another go! Thank you.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

I just installed W10M, I don't see a Lumia Camera Beta in the store.

Damn. This current build is buggin out with it's Rich capture feature. Always crashing when I go to edit it. SMH. Might have to bounce back to 8.1.

Last edited:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just installed W10M, I don't see a Lumia Camera Beta in the store.

Damn. This current build is buggin out with it's Rich capture feature. Always crashing when I go to edit it. SMH. Might have to bounce back to 8.1.

If you can wait a few days a new build will be out this week.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think I will. I figured out that if I open the pic with rich capture in photos app instead of Lumia camer app, then it won't crash... As much.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I did find the lumia camera beta from the msdn blog but after installing, it tells me I need Denim update.

I'm using Lumia 1020, region - Kenya, OS - 10512 build

Any suggestions on how I can use lumia camera beta?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I did find the lumia camera beta from the msdn blog but after installing, it tells me I need Denim update.

I'm using Lumia 1020, region - Kenya, OS - 10512 build

Any suggestions on how I can use lumia camera beta?

I had the Lumia Camera Beta in use since it came out....so its in my Account Library. Running 10512 now and using it as well. I guess its one of those apps that will only work with Win10M if you have it in your past app library.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes, if you upgrade to 10512 with all the apps already installed, you will retain them, but not all of them will work. Video Tuner doesn't open and just crashes. I have to say, I am more upset about losing all the great Lumia apps and features than getting W10M. So far, theres nothing new and exciting about it. Right now I'm thinking I will not upgrade my 1020 and 1520 to W10M.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
@Rich215

So, if I went back to windows 8.1 Cyan (Denim not available in my country), and I tried to install Lumia camera beta, would it work? Because Lumia camera beta requires denim update which never came here.

Thank you

Chintan

Robert Jurczyk

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
in microsoft camera hdr don't work. u can take a photo but without lumia camera beta u can't manage hdr photo...In lumia camera beta geotagging doesn't work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo