All of a sudden, my 1520 and my HTC M8 is having trouble

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a good run with all 3 of my Windows Phones running 10166 TP... up until today. For some odd reason, taking simply photos with my 1520 caused my phone to reboot. I've taken pics before with no issues but today, my phone reboot and when it booted up, there was trouble on my SD card it wanted to fix. Sure, go fix it. Then my battery level dropped to below 10 % and the phone shut down. It was over 90 percent when it happened. I don't have time for this today, so I put my AT&T sim in my HTC M8. All good I downloaded one game to it and BOOM. Same thing happened to it. (The game was Red Herring) Just rebooted and when it came back up, problems on my data card to be fixed. Battery was ok though. So I'm on my android work phone tomorrow because I cannot be without communications. Unless I decide to put these on the market, I won't roll back to 8.1 because after running WinXM, 8.1 will feel so old in comparison.

My questions are these.

Anyone else notice any odd out of the blue occurrences on your phone recently?

Are these builds designed to expire? It certainly appears that they do.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've all of sudden in the past week been having lock-ups, reboots, and videos disappearing and reappearing. Oh yeah, and weird and inconsistent battery consumption. Up to then, I was incredibly pleased with the stability of this build. I'm hoping a new build will be out in the next few days to hopefully clean up whatever's going on.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I see what you did there. lol. I hope there is an update out this week. I can't be without a Windows phone.

If you're like me, you get frustrated with the previews and their bugs, but yet cannot leave them alone! I don't care about the bugs on my 920 as it's my secondary device, but Windows 10 on my laptop was another story. It wasn't even the preview! I couldn't get the wifi issues resolved, so I reverted to 8.1 (for now lol!).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you're like me, you get frustrated with the previews and their bugs, but yet cannot leave them alone! I don't care about the bugs on my 920 as it's my secondary device, but Windows 10 on my laptop was another story. It wasn't even the preview! I couldn't get the wifi issues resolved, so I reverted to 8.1 (for now lol!).

I'm restoring to 8.1 to get me through the week but I hope we get an update this week. This week is gonna bite.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So I rolled back to 8.1 after having Windows 10 on my phone for a few weeks. I discovered or rediscovered a few things.
1. Windows 8.1 is hella stable on the 1520 and a lot faster than my HTC M8 android running Lollipop
2. I like the design language a heck of a lot better in WinXM. Apps like FooTPATH, a recently discovered 4.6 rated GEM in the store while running WinXM looks a good deal better on WinXM than on 8.1. Almost a night and day difference.

3. 10166 is smooth for the most part for scrolling my app list on the start screen and app list but 8.1 still does it better. (I know, 10166 is TP but as I said, having 10166 for a few weeks, I forgot just how smooth the 8.1 scroll truly is.)

4, Windows phone 8.1 is really dated and a lot of what it does and how, is dated. It works, but dated.

5. Am I chomping at the bit for this latest version? Yes I am. I wonder what the detail will be as to how it has to be installed. Will I need to head back to 10166 then overlay the new version or can I leapfrog this current TP build? We shall see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon