Glance background not able to install for build 10512

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Heya all. So glance background will not allow me to install on build 10512, has everyone else noticed this. Any workarounds?
By far it's my favorite feature!

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... are you sure it wasn't there? Have a look under Storage -> Phone -> Apps and games. It should be there....

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
On prior builds glance had a habit of going away if you did a hard reset.

I kind of wonder if it's another thing on the list MS is getting rid of. Next major release they'll probably decide to get rid of Cortana, lol.

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Same for me.
I have a Lumia 820. I still had Glance after the Update (and it worked fine)... It was gone after a hard reset :(
If anyone knows a work around it... Please share.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
No workaround that I know of. This happened to me with both 10166 & 10512. It worked fine after the upgrade, but not after a hard reset. After a hard reset it is gone. I would suggest that you use the Windows Feedback app to tell Microsoft that you need this feature, and cannot find its settings any longer.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes thx, this is a workaround for glance screen, which I always use, though I'm referring to glance background, the ability to apply background images to the stand by screen. Any word on that would be appreciated.

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
i had the same issue ! it's there but you just can't find it
you need to open to glance from the store here the link microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/ecran-coup-dœil/9wzdncrfj3ds it will appear open
if it doen't hold the return button open an other app then return to the store !

Thanks, got my 23h 59m of different colours back :grin:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hay guys, Here is a way for you to get to the glance screen and the backgrounds on windows10 build 10512.1, 1st go to the store an download the app "system app pusher" free open it up go down the list you will see glance backgrounds 1st but keep going down you will see glance, this will take you to the store were app is allowing you to open and all the settings are there and works fine for me with my background showing the time. Don't think notification work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs