Create folders?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I can't do this on my 1520. Reading other posts, it seems some people can... The typical drag and drop method doesn't work for me. Is their a trick?

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
You mean App folders? Go to All Apps and you will see the utility under 'A'.

Heaven knows why we're stuck with such a crude system. The drag-and-drop method was vastly superior.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 and W10M do not require the App Folders app, it is now built-into the OS.

Just hold the app tile until it goes into edit mode (same mode that lets you move the tiles around), then drag a tile on top of another and they will combine into a folder. Then just add additional tiles into this combined group.

However, for me, this did not work in Build 10166, but it is now fixed in build 10512.

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Folders is broken for me on 830 with W10 10520.
Kinda weird there's one preexisting folder that I can add to but can't make a new one. It's completely changed my start screen.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
WP 8.1 and W10M do not require the App Folders app, it is now built-into the OS.
However, for me, this did not work in Build 10166, but it is now fixed in build 10520.

That is extraordinary - I'm also running 10512 (on a 1520) but it definitely doesn't work for me. Dragging one folder over another just makes the other jump out of the way. It simply isn't possible to drop one on top of another. I do, though, have an entry called "App Folder" in the apps list which allows you to create and edit groups.

How can the identical software behave differently? Surely the model of phone can't be relevant?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
That is extraordinary - I'm also running 10512 (on a 1520) but it definitely doesn't work for me. Dragging one folder over another just makes the other jump out of the way. It simply isn't possible to drop one on top of another. I do, though, have an entry called "App Folder" in the apps list which allows you to create and edit groups.

How can the identical software behave differently? Surely the model of phone can't be relevant?

Yes very strange! I have a 1520 too. But no App Folder in list, and it doesn't come up in store...

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
L930 in my case, working under 10512.

However, I am noticing that any changes to the Start screen cause the "Loading..." phenomenon.

I tried to switch the start picture and it wouldn't come out of Loading. When I removed ti, it finally came back.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes