Why can't I install Lumia Apps on Windows 10?

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Cannot install Lumia Apps on Windows 10

Hello.. I recently installed Windows Phone 10, Slow Ring on my Lumia 520. After that I did a full reset in the hope that bugs do not appear.. Well.. I'm a fan of Lumia Selfie and when I updated to the Preview, I cannot no longer install this app.. I get an error..
wp_ss_20150814_0001.png
Please help.. I googled and no solutions...

Last edited:

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cannot install Lumia Apps on Windows 10

I`m not sure what is going on but yes there are certain apps that are not available in WM10, especially in the latest build
Additionally if you uninstall Here apps there is no way installing them back
In your case you should consider going back to WP8.1

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

That may be the case, but one App that also has been giving issues for awhile now is Glance, which unless you keep it installed, there's no way to get it back. I'm hoping that Microsoft gets this fixed for the "mobile-exclusive" apps (I'm assuming that's the issue), but for now, I don't see a way around it.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

That may be the case, but one App that also has been giving issues for awhile now is Glance, which unless you keep it installed, there's no way to get it back.
Glance is still on your phone. Download "Sysapp Pusher" - find "glance" under the System section, roughly 3/4 down the first page of apps. Click on it and you'll be taken to the Glance store page. You can then open Glance via the store entry for the system app.

Is this ideal? Nope.. But it does work! :)

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

As an interesting side note: The "accessories" app link near the Glance app link will take you to the "device hub" app in the store. Cool.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Dude.. I want Lumia Selfie not Glance.. 520 Doesn't support Glance :p
I was responding to the other guy. I don't use Lumia Selfie so I'll do a little searching for you, too. :p

If you can find the XAP of the app somewhere, you could try to install it locally. Haven't tried this on Win10M yet, though.

Otherwise, there is no "workaround" to make the install link work from the store.

Last edited:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

The only XAP I could find for the app doesn't install on 10512, either, so things don't look good on that front, either.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I have Lumia selfie on my 640
I'm guessing that you have it from an inplace upgrade from 8.1 to 10166 to 10512. If you hard reset, you won't have it or be able to reinstall it. So enjoy the app while you have it! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital