Any news on the next W10M Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know. It has only been a week since 10512 came out. And yes, we got Windows 10 on our desktops also.

But I'm not happy with 10512, and want another, TODAY.

I don't want to see another minute of "Loading....", "Resuming....", etc.

A quick fix for the Start screen bug is needed, even if rolled out separately. It is unbearable.

Yes, we could just rollback to W8.1, but what value in that if the purpose is to beta test. A bug that shuts down a significant % of your testers, should be fixed ASAP, and a new build rolled out, so that testing can resume in earnest.

Any news/rumors that you have seen?

edit: title should have included "Keep calm, ..."

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why not remove a bunch of tiles from your start screen? Gabe did say that too many tiles causes issues in this build.

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
While I can agree that the purpose of Preview Builds are to assist in testing the software, you are also told before hand that it is not a finished product and there are going to be lots of bugs. If you aren't willing to either tolerate the bugs and wait for additional updates, or roll back to 8.1 (as I did on my Icon), then simple don't test. IF you choose to test despite all the warnings and bugs, then please save yourself and us a lot of grief and post your complaints in the "feedback app" to Microsoft. That is where they get all the information as to what needs to be fixed. Pesonally, I'm waiting for them to fix the Photo's app so all of my picture folders will show up. I had to roll back to 8.1 yet again because a lot of my apps that I use photos for would crash because they couldn't find my pictures when I used the app to search for them.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh, wait, I find that if I remove 3 tiles, shake the device 4 times, stand on one foot, it works for 2 minutes. Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, I'm being facetious. Of course, I understand it's beta (I've written quite a lot of code and done quite a lot of testing in the last 20 years as an application development professional). The point is that this release is poor quality and rollouts should be happening quicker.

My phone is the L930.

I've gone ahead again and hard reset, no restore. Start screen is more stable, for now.

But cut it out with the don't put too many tiles, don't create start folders, don't whatever. The OS is not working and thay need to move quicker.

This thread was meant to remind that we should be getting faster releases if Sept/Oct is final release.

Last edited:

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
My phone is the L930.
Have the L930 too but didn't have the same problems. My problem was not being able to do anything with pictures (posting, editing, etc).
Reverted to 8.1, but switched to the slow ring to stick to the 10166 build which worked well.
Hoping to see a new build come though... :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
But I'm not happy with 10512, and want another, TODAY.

Were you never told "I want never gets"? :wink:

In all seriousness though, did you hard reset your device once you installed the build in the first place? That's basically a necessity to get reasonable performance out of the insider builds.

No-one really has any news or rumours posted so far about the next build, but keep watching the front page for the latest verified info!

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
@Muessig, I thought it was "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" : )

Yes, I have done a hard reset with no restore. It has improved, but as I continue to add apps, pin tiles to start, personalize where possible, the "Resuming..." has returned. It comes out of it after 5 seconds or so. No "Loading..." issue yet.

With the amount of issues identified and release dates just around the corner (hopefully), a new build should come out weekly at this point.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I am so used to resuming... that I almost don't notice; I just have a general expectation that anything I try to do will take an absurdly long time. The action center takes way to long to load (it needs to come down with a swipe, not 5 seconds after you swipe just as you are beginning to suspect the phone didn't notice the first swipe), the camera will launch when you wake the phone with the shutter button but the accelerometer won't wake up so hopefully you didn't want to take landscape photos, and of course tethering would be nice to have back.

However, judging from the PC version, as we get closer to the release date more of the builds will pass quality checks and thus get put in the fast ring. So if they aren't releasing more builds now, it means most are still way too buggy and we should be grateful not to have to deal with them. They also know that a lot of us have moved to Win 10 on our primary devices, so they will likely try not to release any new major bugs (yes, we know they gave an obligatory fair warning, but you can't expect them to get serious feedback from people who just fiddle with it a little on a secondary phone).

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am sitting on 10166. The bugs that are in 10512 are keeping me from moving to it. I cannot wait to get the final release with all features etc that should be with 10m. I love the new UI and features that are on my phone now.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Still no build.

After recent articles coming out about W10M release, devices supported, etc., I thinking maybe we need a "keep calm" slogan.

Keep calm, you're on the technical preview.
Keep calm, it's not "official".
Keep calm, your phone is not on the eligible list and you should be happy you got anything!
Keep calm, your phone is 2 years old, you shouldn't even be here, you should be out buying another phone.

Keep calm, you're on WindowsCentral so that means you are smart enough to deal with a Technical Preview.
Keep calm, you're on WindowsCentral so that means you are smart enough not to even put a Technical Preview on your daily driver (even if it is the only way you can get W10M).

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I am sitting on 10166. The bugs that are in 10512 are keeping me from moving to it. I cannot wait to get the final release with all features etc that should be with 10m. I love the new UI and features that are on my phone now.

UPGRADE AND PROVE YOUR "INSIDER" TITLE! (Especially if you are part of the Fast ring)

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So I did not see that, but the windows insider program is done on 9/15/15?
Windows 10 Insider preview concludes on the 15th of September - WMPoweruser

What I think this means is that the Insider program will be closed and no new insiders or builds coming out of it, once closed. But before then there would be an RTM, as we received with Windows 10 on desktop. After that RTM, the preview builds were stopped, the final product released and officially available. Then, after a certain time, the insider preview resumes to test new builds moving forward, as just happened with W10 bld 10525 for desktop.

I just don't feel the W10M bld 10512 is that close to an RTM.

Let's hope the next build really addresses a lot of issues, stabilizes the OS for all phones, and maybe even give us a couple of new features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes