Any news about new build release for us insiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone's heard news about a new build coming soon? I ran build 10512 on my Lumia 1020 us it was sluggish but overall very fun to play with. I eventually rolled back to 8.1 because of lagging and resuming.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
You are using a device that I wouldn't expect stellar performance from. So I would not expect a new build to be much better.

Actually from what Ive read on the forums about build 10512 , most of the new lumias are running alot worse then my 1020, in fact if you actually read the user reveiws on the build everyone seems to think the last build worked better, the brand new 640xl can barely even run tp10 so im not sure what devices are not experiencing sluggish glance screens and long app loading times?

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Actually from what Ive read on the forums about build 10512 , most of the new lumias are running alot worse then my 1020, in fact if you actually read the user reveiws on the build everyone seems to think the last build worked better, the brand new 640xl can barely even run tp10 so im not sure what devices are not experiencing sluggish glance screens and long app loading times?

I have a Lumia 640 and Build 10512 works fabulously smooth on it. Some NOTABLE PROBLEMS THOUGH! When I leave my house (i.e. home wifi area) there are small periods of time that sometimes occur away from my home that cause my 640 to completely freeze up and become unresponsive. During these periods of time the Data bars show an arrow pointing outward, indicating that there is some network protocol causing a freeze in the background. Also uploading a picture from the pictures app to an app rarely works if working at all. But overall its my daily driver on my 640 and its not having a hard time running.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
My lumia 1020 is very smooth on build 10512, its just not as responsive as the 8.1 denim is, i. currently running 10512 and its awesome no real bugs other than the glance screen time and date taking 5 seconds to load , i really enjoy the build Im just curoius and excited for the new build, I have beengiving feedback since the first build that was so bad, and each build gets better and better, and thats afterall what the insiders program is all about!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I have a Lumia 520 on Windows 10 Mobile as I refuse to put my Lumia 830 (my daily driver) on.
As you can understand, the Lumia 520 struggles, but it's actually not that bad. There's lag and stuttering but it's perfectly usable albeit often frustrating.
I plan to put my Lumia 830 onto the Insider Preview either the build before or on the RTM build as it won't get it on its own (AT&T variety...).

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm staying put with Build 10166 on my Icon. Too many mixed reviews. This build as a daily driver works just fine. Hopefully the next build can come out to Fast and Slow Rings, I want to see more stability/bug fixes and new features!

jhildy73

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I had 10 running on my 640...VERY fast and smooth but some obvious bugs and a few instances where apps wouldn't open. These were all just developmental issues and I'm not worried at all.. I'm excited for the official build.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Ive been wondering, wouldnt they release the current build to the slow ring before they released a new build.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Ive been wondering, wouldnt they release the current build to the slow ring before they released a new build.
Maybe not, if MS does not consider it good, start screen was not working for some folks. I was reading Gabe Aul's twitter feed. Looks like they got mobile hotspot working, but had some other issue. As milkyway mentioned, they hope to have something later this week.
They really are trying to get us good code.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's getting annoying. How do they want to be ready in 1-2 months? Are they just so bad or the team too small?

More than likely, both. It doesn't look like they're taking it too seriously. A month in between builds. Does that sounds like they're serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle