Lock Screen question on Windows 10 Mobile

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just installed Windows 10 on my old Lumia 820 last night and have a question about the lock screen settings.

I've been using MSN Weather as my lock screen for over about a year. When I select the Background dropdown menu on the lock screen settings after the upgrade, the only options I have are Picture, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, and MapMyRun. MSN Weather is installed.

I have selected the fast ring for Insider updates, but I am still waiting for build 10512 to finish downloading. I'm currently on build 10166. Would this make a difference for this issue, or is there a problem with MSN Weather no longer supporting the lock screen background feature?

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, you might have the new version of MSN Weather (the one with the hamburger menu and all) and I think it doesn't support lockscreen option (yet?)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the app updated to a version with the hamburger menu. I like having the weather information on my lock screen. Any idea if Accuweather or The Weather Channel's apps support the lock screen background?

i_am_ecc

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I also upgraded my Lumia mobiles to Windows 10 (first my old 830, now my 640) and, as the weather option wasn't available on lock screen settings, I installed Lockie, a free app from the Windows Store, and I'm using it since then. You can set the lock screen to wathever you want with it - including weather. Works fine here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers