Certificate File Can't Open In Outlook Email Windows Phone 10

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, Running Windows phone 10 latest build and I need to install a Security Certificate to my phone. It was emailed to me as a attachment .cer File, and I should be able to click it to open and save to phone but for some reason it does not let me open it says (file type not supported) file is a .cer type windows 8.1 open it just fine. How could I get this installed to my phone?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, Running Windows phone 10 latest build and I need to install a Security Certificate to my phone. It was emailed to me as a attachment .cer File, and I should be able to click it to open and save to phone but for some reason it does not let me open it says (file type not supported) file is a .cer type windows 8.1 open it just fine. How could I get this installed to my phone?

I have the same problem here... Did you found out yet? Maybe we need to export from PC to another file format. I tried .p7b and it installed, but i think it doesn't work in edge....

ImpalaDoug

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just solved this by posting the .cer file to an internet-accessible URL (on a web server I have). I then typed the URL to the .cer file into the edge web browser. This downloaded the file. I was then able to tap on the file after the download and was prompted to install the certificate.

It is now showing up correctly in the new Certificates (by Microsoft) app.

So it seems the problem here is just regarding the email app refusing to let us download the .cer file. The email is naturally easier, so I hope Microsoft will fix this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss