If you upgraded to to WP10 Insider Preview for the 1520

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am really sad W10 Phone wont be coming to the 1520, if true, it was one of the reasons I was excited with the new OS coming out from MS. With that I decided to take the plunge and get Windows Insider for the Preview to get it anyway.

I have a question for you. What bugs are you currently experiencing with the UI and other normal features with the current build?

For me I have noticed:

1- Photo gallery crashes, unable to view a picture I received or have taken with camera. Picture displays for half second then closes
2- Battery life is considerably less than 8.1
3- Some live tiles don't update
4- Camera apps sometimes crashes (Lumia Camera and Windows Camera)

This may or may not be important but I have a 64 GB SDHC card and I direct dl pictures videos to it. New apps I install to device. Could this pa part n the crashing of photos?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Too many to be worth upgrading the 1520. Unexplained reboots, loss of contact with the SD card. Games like Red Herring will force a hard reset to get out of it. Camera weakens a battery until it shuts down in a matter of minutes. Now, those are some of my experiences with this build on the 1520. Its now running 8.1. My point is, if you upgrade, try not to be too shocked by what you'll have to live with.

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with gallery but I use the camera to view gallery for now until the next release .

To me the upgrade was worth it . the Edge is great and overall the platform is 100% improvement over 8.1 and far better than Androids

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with gallery but I use the camera to view gallery for now until the next release .

To me the upgrade was worth it . the Edge is great and overall the platform is 100% improvement over 8.1 and far better than Androids

I'm liking the upgrade except the two things that are of concern: the shortened battery life and the picture crashing. I followed your suggestion with open up the default Lumia Camera app and it does work. The windows camera and the photos app are the issue right now. Hopefully they have enough complaints and are aware of it.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not having any issues with the gallery app or camera. Both working just fine. My battery life seems about the same as 8.1 as well. I did do a hard reset after the upgrade. I was having a problem with the camera not launching above the lock screen when I pressed the camera button. It's a bug. Found out if I set up a PIN on the lock screen and have it always required the camera does now launch over the lock screen just fine. I've only been on it a week but the camera bug is the only thing I've personally found.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and I have my photos and videos all going to SD card and apps on the phone. No gallery or camera problems at all.
I am happy to know you are not having issue with this build because it does look great. I've blown out this phone to HELLO and after the upgrade from 8.1, its not working for me. All the problems I mentioned above return. On my HTC One M8? Man, its a beautiful thing!

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I was just kidding. It seems like any threads mentioning W10 not coming to the 1520 are getting closed.

Well we still dont know nobody can be sure.Microsoft havent said anything officially that windows 10 are not coming to 1520 all this fuzz came from a random guy who posted an article with hes own opinion.Bbugs are normal since its a Beta version you should expect them plus more.At the end if 1520 doesnt get windows 10 officially the microsoft reply to you should be something like "Of course theirs bugs its BETA get used to them or go back to our old 8.1".After so many years all i can tell you is Microsoft is legit as you can see even in windows they lower their requirements so even machines with windows 7 can run windows 10 i highy doubt that they gonna actually force people to ditch their cellphones and buy new ones.They will support us we will get officially windows 10 on our 1520s (hands in pray mode).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well we still dont know nobody can be sure.Microsoft havent said anything officially that windows 10 are not coming to 1520 all this fuzz came from a random guy who posted an article with hes own opinion.Bbugs are normal since its a Beta version you should expect them plus more.At the end if 1520 doesnt get windows 10 officially the microsoft reply to you should be something like "Of course theirs bugs its BETA get used to them or go back to our old 8.1".After so many years all i can tell you is Microsoft is legit as you can see even in windows they lower their requirements so even machines with windows 7 can run windows 10 i highy doubt that they gonna actually force people to ditch their cellphones and buy new ones.They will support us we will get officially windows 10 on our 1520s (hands in pray mode).

And you're right, no one knows if the what will happen with the 1520 but I'm preparing for life without it. But I'm really enjoying Windows 10 for Phones on my HTC One M8. Man, its a brand new device. I used it just today on my run running Groove. YES! It curated music beautifully. And the battery didn't budge after two hours of Groove.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I was just kidding. It seems like any threads mentioning W10 not coming to the 1520 are getting closed.

You can discuss it, in terms of it being a possibility.

Here too the OP assumes that it's a done deal however. It's being assumed that no L1520 in the world will officially receive the update. It's just very unclear if that's actually true.

If the record is set straight, yet the thread continues to develop along the lines of "OMG, no L1520 anywhere will be updated! Panic everyone!", then the thread is just spreading FUD. That deserves to be closed.

If the community can turn such threads around, then there's usually not enough drama left to keep the thread going, but it certainly wouldn't be closed.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
W10M is coming to the 1520 via Insider... I don't understand why people don't get this !!!
Its because what your saying is that us 1520 will only have access to win10 via an insider app? Vs an official update from either carrier or ms...not a beta testing app. Also how are apps that use internet explore working out on win10 with edge?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
W10M is coming to the 1520 via Insider... I don't understand why people don't get this !!!

I suspect people are worried they'll not get the exact same version or possibly miss out on potential firmware updates. We just don't know if there will even be a firmware update. If there were one, we also don't know that MS won't distribute that as part of the W10M ROM.

Worrying about something with so many "IFs" seems premature to me, but I understand the concerns.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is the problem..

People can't understand that eventually, the Insider app eventually gives you the 'official' version. Usually before the 'official' version is released.

I got the RTM of Windows 10 a couple of weeks before the launch date of July 29th... Same version as the the RTM... No beta.

People, please try and understand... It's not hard!!!!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the problem..

People can't understand that eventually, the Insider app eventually gives you the 'official' version. Usually before the 'official' version is released.

I got the RTM of Windows 10 a couple of weeks before the launch date of July 29th... Same version as the the RTM... No beta.
People, please try and understand... It's not hard!!!!
But here you're assuming too, aren't you? W10 and W10M are not the same things so the same rules don't apply.

Just because MS could distribute the final version of W10 to your PC doesn't necessarily mean they will be allowed to distribute the final version of W10M (incl. firmware) to your carrier branded phone. Maybe MS will be able to do that, but distributing firmware so far has always required carrier involvement. Do we really know this will be otherwise with W10M?

If there is no new firmware, then this is obviously a moot point (very likely), so these causes of worry are all completely hypothetical so far...

Last edited:

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
But here you're assuming too, aren't you? W10 is not the same things as W10M and the same rules don't apply.

Just because MS could distribute the final version of W10 to your PC doesn't necessarily mean they will be allowed to distribute the final version of W10M (incl. firmware) to your carrier branded phone. Maybe MS will be able to do that, but distributing firmware so far has always required carrier involvement. Do we really know this will be otherwise with W10M?
My point and maybe many others same concerns!
History will tell us there are ffirmware updates to os updates,amber,cyan,black,denim etc maybe not but its always been that way. So that's what bugs me a little. At the end of the day.....we want official!

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Seems like a bunch of FUD. Not sure why it matters anyways considering diehard Windows Phone/Mobile fans can just sign up for preview builds to work around the discontinued device issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05