If you upgraded to to WP10 Insider Preview for the 1520

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you want "Official," then upgrade your phone. Lumia 1520 will be a two year old handset by the the time W10 for Phones is released. All the clamoring for so long about "no new flagship device" and when one or two comes along, people still complain. Microsoft can't win for losing. No matter what they bring to the market, there are always those who are not satisfied. It gets so tiresome. Just get the updated hardware and move on. If you can't or are unable/unwilling to do that, then you will have to settle for what is available for your device of choice. In this case, it is "unofficial" preview versions of Windows 10.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Can we stop now with the woe is me rants about windows 10? Nobody has even confirmed whether or not 1520 will or won't get it officially, which doesn't matter anyway because you can have it right this minute if you want it.....

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
And all other apps...because honestly if it all works the same with just some bugs ill be ok but this is my daily driver and use it for my work alot so need all the apps I have to at least work

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you tell me what apps you want me to test I can install and check them for you.
Facebook pages manager, myAT&T app. Is there a thread here on what apps work and don't on w10 mobile? I can live with a little buggy and even would not mind feeding back to ms but definitely need all my apps to work .

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
And do apps have to be optimized for w10 to work when its released ir even now during preview?
Some will. Running this game called Red Herring on 8.1 runs like gangbusters. Run it on a phone running the latest build and you got a phone lock like nobodies business. I think most work fine but there are those that need it.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have accepted that Win10 officially may not come to 1520, I have moved on and decided on gettting Insider Preview. My original intent for this thread was to see what kind of bugs people have noted specifically for the 1520. I cant upgrade to the new hardware because I'm 1 year into a NEXT contract with AT&T with another 12 months to go. I only did this last year under the impression, assumption, even saw Joe Belfiore waving his 1520 on the WIn10 preview event, to convince me to take the plunge, AND upon the urging of the Nokia community. It seems it might have been the wrong call. However, I can get it now and it should be close to RTM. My only concern with insider preview is that its not optimized the firmware to handle Win10 in the best efficient manner (such as battery life which I have noticed a huge decrease) So i have to live with it, until I'm out of NEXT contract. Somewhat disenchanted by MS in general.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have accepted that Win10 officially may not come to 1520, I have moved on and decided on gettting Insider Preview. My original intent for this thread was to see what kind of bugs people have noted specifically for the 1520. I cant upgrade to the new hardware because I'm 1 year into a NEXT contract with AT&T with another 12 months to go. I only did this last year under the impression, assumption, even saw Joe Belfiore waving his 1520 on the WIn10 preview event, to convince me to take the plunge, AND upon the urging of the Nokia community. It seems it might have been the wrong call. However, I can get it now and it should be close to RTM. My only concern with insider preview is that its not optimized the firmware to handle Win10 in the best efficient manner (such as battery life which I have noticed a huge decrease) So i have to live with it, until I'm out of NEXT contract. Somewhat disenchanted by MS in general.

Not the case on my HTC One M8 and it wasn't on the early list either. Pulled off the charger 8am. This is 9:11 PM
attachment.php

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150829_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150829_0001.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 57

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Facebook pages mngr, my att app. Is there a thread here on what apps work and don't on w10 mobile? I can live with a little buggy and even would not mind feeding back to ms but definitely need all my apps to work .

Well, app called Pages Manager for Facebook works fine. Nothing comes up in the store called My ATT app.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
When MS fixed the photos app crashing bug - it seemed to help with the battery. Something made the phone run hot also which it now does not do. I'm getting much better battery life, also with just keeping wi-fi off and making sure my camera is not running in the background.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Started having issues last week. Phone was randomly restarting about once a day. Yesterday it froze and the touch screen wasn't working at all. Had to use Lumia Recovery tool to get it back working. Flashed it back to 8.1 and then upgraded again to 10. Been working fine since. We'll see if it'll last.

1oldtimer

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
What I don't get is;
MS has said that all phones with "xx" specs (not going to list them, you know what they are) WILL be getting the w10m update. So, why is there even any question? I too am running the insider preview and I accept that with it comes bugs. But I run it to help iron them bugs out. That's why they have the program. I say, just be patient and wait. I have NO doubt that the 1520 WILL get the RTM of W10M. Just my .02 worth. :wink:

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I got an update on my 1520 on the fast ring yesterday (8th Sept), and things have got worse. A few apps (VLC and camera etc) when in landscape are only using half the screen, albeit rotated correctly. Additionally, the quiet hours quick action is now stuck in a flashing state (when it worked perfectly before).

How do I check what build I am on... and what build is the latest? I can only find the Lumia Denim page.

Phone runs hot at times, and now got a few hard reboots (prior to yesterdays update it was more or less stable)

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
After a few weeks trying out windows 10 on my 1520 I'm happily back on 8.1. Forgot how much I liked it. No bugs and everything runs smoothly. Windows 10 just wasn't ready enough yet for a daily driver. It seemed like it was getting worse and not better. My first week with it was great, second week OK, third week I was having random restarts all the time and a few screen freezes. Some apps that worked at first stopped working.... Back on 8.1 for now. Will wait patiently now for the final build to upgrade. Good news is that there really wasn't anything super compelling about windows 10 mobile that I feel like I'm missing right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss