The Return of Pivots to the Photos App Brings Me Hope

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
That this design will return to some of the other MS apps.
I hope this is true for Groove Music.

Swiping left and right between All Pictures and Albums is infinitely more intuitive than having to reach for the Hamburger Menu.

We all know that

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That this design will return to some of the other MS apps.
I hope this is true for Groove Music.

Swiping left and right between All Pictures and Albums is infinitely more intuitive than having to reach for the Hamburger Menu.

We all know that
The only reason why is because you guys actually voted (101) votes for pivots in photos yet only 30+ votes in pivots for grove music and 10+ for pivots everywhere. Stop complaining here and vote!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
On the other hand, I'm happy we got the pivot back too. I just find it really strange that the Android version of Groove music has pivots yet we don't. -_-

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I do not know if we should be happy that not even MS knows what design guidelines they should follow.
I mean I like pivots and I will keep them in the app where I've used them because I am lazy BUT if they decided hamburger=navigation and "..."=actions then they should stick to this and stop this mess.
Photos app really is the one and only thing that I do not like in W10.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
On the other hand, I'm happy we got the pivot back too. I just find it really strange that the Android version of Groove music has pivots yet we don't. -_-
Market share in 2015Q2 according to IDC: Android 82.8%, iOS 13.9%, Windows Phone 2.6%, BlackBerry OS 0.3%, Others 0.4%. It's the same situation as Windows vs. Windows Mobile. Windows Mobile is not such a priority. MS wants to reach other OSs with their services and the market share makes Android a higher priority.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss