Why is the home screen always loading?

abhi-nbmc

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
the home screen is always loading

ok from yesterday the home screen is always loading...i can use the notification bar...tried soft reset and restart..no luck...using build 10512 on lumia 1020..please help

Maulwurf16

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: the home screen is always loading

This is a known Issue in buil 10512 if one has quite a lot of live Tiles on the start Screen. I myself also encountered that Error.
Microsoft themself say, that only a hard reset or roll back to 8.1 solve this Problem:
Quote:
"•Some phones with a large number of tiles pinned to the Start screen may get stuck in a state where the device shows “Loading…”; the device will need to be reset or rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool."

from: blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/08/12/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build10512/ ( cannot post links until I have 10 Posts)

However, as I got stuck in this loading Loop, I just waited like 20 Minutes and eventually my Phone got out of it itself. This worked two times now for me.

Good luck to you and greetings from Germany

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

I hate to rollback but I might have to because it sucks that mines loading & resuming so much.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

My 1520 is doing the same thing. Very frustrating and bad timing. I used to could open the Camera App or take a Screenshot to break out of the Start Screen / Home page to resume.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It is not just since build 10512 but also the previous ones had it. Also it is not limited to the Lumia 1520. I hard reset my 1520 after every new build, sometimes even a few times, but it is an ongoing issue.
Well just wait and see what the next cr*ppy build brings. Likely one bug fixed but got another one back :winktongue:

meir602

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a picture as a background to the start screen? If so, try removing it and use the simple colors. This helped greatly for me.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Next build please!

This should not have been allowed to go on for so long.

MS should have issued a fix to this bug and let users continue using their phones and testing other features.

abhi-nbmc

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
well..changing the wallpaper doesnt really help much..it just works eventually after sometime..what you have to do is drop down the notification bar and go anywhere and then press the home button from there..its not a fix of course but it helped me a lot of times

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

ok from yesterday the home screen is always loading...i can use the notification bar...tried soft reset and restart..no luck...using build 10512 on lumia 1020..please help
Hard reset but don't restore from back up

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Try putting the phone into Airplane Mode, wait, and see if it comes out.

Mine was stuck on "Loading..." for the longest time ever and this seemed to bring it out. Also, plugging it in to charge might help.

Or these were all coincidences, nothing will work, and build 10512 has just messed up your phone.

I really don't want to go through another reset (done 3 already since 10166), but the battery life , overheating are also becoming concerns for me on 10512.

Good luck.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I downgraded back to 8.1. No more issues, only resuming../loading when I haven't used an app in a while. The time it takes for the screen to disappear isn't even that long too.

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just installed 10536 to my 930 directly from 8.1 (1st TP install) and I'm facing this infinite loading loop with start screen. I restored backup when I had to hard reset the phone ("something went wrong" dialog appeared after upgrade). I did have a lot of folders and tiles and quite many installed apps. Next gonna do second hard reset and not restore any backup and see if that helps.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Hard reset but don't restore from back up
Well...what a pleasure to do this after every new build. I have been through it and, also with the most ecent build, still plagued by the loading startscreen on my 1520.
No improvement at all with this build.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Well...what a pleasure to do this after every new build. I have been through it and, also with the most ecent build, still plagued by the loading startscreen on my 1520.
No improvement at all with this build.

While there have been a number of welcome fixes, the most critical bugs ("unwanted features") remain,

"Loading..." and "Resuming..."

Upgraded from 10512, through the two builds, and ended at 10536.1004. Then Hard Reset. Load back apps.

I've loaded about 50 apps, personalized the Start screen with pic background, color change, and created multiple folders (using built-in feature) of photo apps, player apps, news apps, etc. (7 app folders including the default folder created by MS).

Less than 24 hours with the new build, loading and resuming are back.

Both bugs reported to Microsoft (stating the obvious here, lest someone remind me.)

Resuming most often occurs when backing out of an app, to Start screen, and backing out of Start screen, to previous app.

Loading, no pattern identified yet. Came out of it on its own after a couple of minutes. On one occasion, much longer, and I had to play around with the Settings to try to force it out.

Hope others are having better luck and not seeing the same results.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 928 here, first time on a preview build. I loaded 15636 then did a hard reset, restore from backup.

I have the start screen loading issue as well. It happens every time after I reboot my phone and randomly during usage. I jump into Cortana and interact with her a few times and it seems to go away. There doesn't seem to be a difference with a pic on the tiles, a pic behind the tiles, or a plain color. All settings produce the loading home screen.

It's an annoyance, but it's a preview build so I'm not too shook up about it. I'll stay on the preview build as I can still access apps through Cortana and the Action Center if need be and I do get my start screen most of the time.

I don't feel like I have a lot of apps/tiles pinned to start screen, so I can't imagine that's the issue.

Oh yep, doing it again. I just tried to go to my start screen to count and it won't load, despite loading an hour or so ago. Jumped into Cortana, scrolled to the bottom, back arrow...no luck. Jumped in Cortana again, hit the down arrow to expand calendar appointments for the day, back arrow, start screen loaded.

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

As per previous comment. Mainly after a restart will the loading bug surface. What works for me every time is going into Cortana, then hold back arrow and swipe down to close it. You may have to do this 2-3 times, but works

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm to the point now that if I get into the loading loop one more time I'm off to Apple. I don't care if it's a preview version or not, it's been a well documented issue for a number of builds now. If they can't sort a basic problem after all this time I have little expectation for it to be fixed in the final version. Both my L920 and my L640 have the issue.

I've been resisting the change for some time now, but I need a phone that works when I need it to, not when it feels like it.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm to the point now that if I get into the loading loop one more time I'm off to Apple. I don't care if it's a preview version or not, it's been a well documented issue for a number of builds now. If they can't sort a basic problem after all this time I have little expectation for it to be fixed in the final version. Both my L920 and my L640 have the issue.

I've been resisting the change for some time now, but I need a phone that works when I need it to, not when it feels like it.
Plain to see insider preview is not for azlkk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos