How do I auto hide the nav bar in W10m?

Arobs45

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am dumb... But I cannot find the option to autohide the nav bar... It was working great when I did the upgrade from 8.1 to 10.512 (through 166, I think). But I had to do a hard reset, an I cannot find the location where you manage this parameter...

Anyone would be kind to help me ?
I could not find help with google :( :(

Note : I own a Lumia 735....

Last edited:

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I own a Lumia 640, and I've recently installed Windows 10 preview on it. I'm also interested in this question so I'm just bumping this thread. Anyone know how to enable auto-hiding the navigation bar (home, search, back buttons) in W10?

michael.dice

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Was this ever solved? In the latest W10 build on a Lumia 640, some of the Microsoft apps allow the navigation bar to be hidden, but it doesn't work with most apps.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me the option to auto hide would come up when in one of the personalization screens, (start, colors, sounds, lock screen) I always tick the box and select to not see it again. I cannot remember exactly where it is though.

thrmacho

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This option no longer there in Windows 10 Mobile 10586.11. Now auto hide is enabled by default but it depends on application too. You can not hide the navigation bar on older Windows Phone 8.1 application, developer should update the application to work with this build. On all new updated apps, you can hide navigation bar, for r.g MyTube8 Zip, 8Stream etc.

ericr42

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding it does auto-hide on older games and I would prefer it not. Good example is Alphajax. You press back to return to the game list and select another game after playing. Nav bar is constantly hiding requiring an up swipe to reveal it after each turn. Not a big deal but annoying.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
pocket tanks it gets in the way of my screen cause it fills the whole thing including nav bar which won't auto hide.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
This has broken the Cricket Wireless app for me, since I can't even accept the damn EULA on first launch because it's hiding behind the Nav Bar... Sigh... Guess I'll have to use the mobile website...

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's been busted on my 1gb L635 too. Haven't gone back to 8.1 yet so, I don't know. It's even staying up when I stream full screen through Edge. Rrrrtrr

Andrew ChanVN

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi there!
I'm using a Nokia 730. After upgrade to W10m, U can swipe up the Nav bar to hide and swipe up from the screen bottom to show Nav bar.
I hope that usefull!

Himadyuti

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello friends, after so many try, at last I know the solution.
It is too easy but you can not do it with every open applications.

wp10_ss_0001.jpgwp10_ss_0002.jpgwp10_ss_0003.pngwp10_ss_0004.pngwp10_ss_0005.pngwp10_ss_0006.pngwp10_ss_0007.png

Some examples for you. Just wait for few moments when nav key's (back, home button) color slightly dim than just
puss it up side and you can not see the task bar or nav key temporary. You can see it in the attach pictures.

Marco Sevriens

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to do the opposite.. i want the back button to be always there... I have an app where i use the back button frequently .. very frequently.... Now i need to swipe up to be able to press the button.. its really annoying....

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds a pain. I have a 930 so I get nice fixed buttons right now that don't steal screen space. Let's hope the Surface Phone either has proper buttons or has a slightly wider than 16:9 screen size so that we never need to hide these buttons and we still get a full sized display. That would provide the best of both approaches in one. I can't quite understand why that wasn't the obvious approach for the first batch of these 'soft button' phones. It's one of the downsides I'm apprehensive about when I next upgrade in early 2017 (or whenever we get the Surface).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99