How well does Windows 10 run on the Lumia 928(daily driver)?

william north

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
windows 10 on lumia 928(daily driver)

I really want to use windows 10 on my nokia lumia 928 but I want to know how well it would run on it before doing anything. Thank you

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows 10 on lumia 928(daily driver)

If you're worried, wait till tomorrow :) WC will post an article, to give us an idea of how well the new w10m build is running :) but I have to say, early reports are calling it, a very good build :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It also varies. Upgrades can be solid, if something goes wrong you'll need to erase the phone in order to get 10 working properly, etc.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So would you say I could and be able to use it just as good if not better than windows phone 8.1 denim.

Potentially.

Its your call. It's improved a lot since the days of old, but there's still flakiness, but you may not even care or notice. I wasn't about to tolerate it as a daily driver but now that my 830's a secondary device I threw it on there and it seems OK.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Got it in my 920, had to reset back to 8.1, then installed it (counts as clean).

It works really well, considering all things. It does heat up considerably, so we'll see how it performs as a daily driver. But in terms of features and performance, I'd say give it a go.

It took me a lot of work so I'll tough it out until the next build and towards release W10M. It's a nice upgrade in any case.

Edit: In terms of raw speed, this is on par with how 8.1 was working for me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You guys are totally sending me mixed signals

Which is how its going to be. Things are variable and in flux, we can't predict for sure how your experience will be. Some people have horror stories, others are fine, others in between.

The biggest thing to keep in mind, is whether you can afford (time and data-wise) to hard reset your device and set it back up?

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I like the build and while I am connected to Verizon (can receive calls) I can't turn on Wi-fi, there are also no settings under Cellular (can't go higher than 3G,) and yet the phone doesn't have any data connections (no updates to e-mail, news, weather etc.) I am going to play around with it for an hour or so to see if I can get this going LTE and sharing; otherwise it's back to 8.1.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I am running 10536.1004 on my Verizon 928 and it is working great. this is my daily driver. However, it was not great at all when I put it on at first...I posted about Edge browser disappearing...but that is all fixed now after a real HARD RESET. Soft resets did not help. The hard reset made Edge come back to life as well as acceptable battery life, crisp response on Start screen and other apps. No complaints so far after the hard reset.

Note that I did not do a restore from backup.... just manually put the apps I wanted back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon