My HTC 8x finally got 10536 update (and its terrible)

DarwinPurol

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So surprisingly, one of my phone (HTC 8X) finally got an update last night, it notifies me about 10536 update and I accept it. After couple of hours of updating, 10536 was installed on it....and its terrible.

Everything was so small, that I cant barely see it. (Notification, some apps, text, display, etc etc.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Even got an error code:
wp_ss_20150915_0012 [210080].png

Hopefully this will fix soon. Any HTC 8x users there experiencing the same issue?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the HTC 8X was meant to get the update.
Gabe Aul has mentioned that people with phones not on the list for Windows Insider, do not update their phones.

kleinerc

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
okay... but how to get it downgraded?
there is a reboot loop... i am able to get it to the bootloader but the recovery tool will not detect the phone.
any advice?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you go into accessibility you can bump up the font size. It works for the system stuff.

What you see is normal and not because of your phone. New design specs call for vast empty space and UI elements so small that they are hard to see and touch.

Hassan Mahmood1

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
oh my god . its absolutely horrible. my phone keeps rebooting every 5 minutes. PLEASE someone help us htc 8x users out on how to fix this issue. that is by either rolling back to Windows pone 8.1 or stopping the rebooting :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Kevin Kerselaers

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Me to my friend...

Keep an eye on the forums:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum?tab=Threads

My thread: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/htc-8x-no-recovery-possibilty/972e749a-e74c-4e11-ab23-9ccc71c0625e?tm=1442328367702

Good luck to us all!

AwaisJan

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I Got Install Message early in the morning. I Click on install.
After Installation complete every thing is so horrible. Microscopic font and tiny icons :(

DarwinPurol

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
OK as of now things got worse. After having couple of auto restart, my phone got a lockdown. Can access anything, the white screen appear and it says my phone is in lockdown after unlocking the phone. Doing a hard reset doesn't even work or appear, its just restarting. Hope not but looks like this will be the end of HTC 8X. windowsphone recovery tool doesn't even have a package software for this devices so looks like there's no other way to fix this...damn!

dudusisi

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Horrible. I have the exact same problem. My phone is practically useless right now. Yes it may seem usable. But no. All of my pictures, music and videos have been erased because of the update. Even if I tried to put back some music, it's unplayable. Someone has to fix this now because it's driving me crazy. Especially when my phone just keeps rebooting after 5 minutes. Please Gabriel Aul, do something. I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix this. Downgrading doesn't work. I'm still looking how to reflash. Please do something!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup..there were warnings all over the place. Anyways, I think you can't do anything about it. Enjoy it as much as you can.

Keiichi Ozeki

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
its horrible my phone also keep rebooting every 5min.
I couldnt download japanese keyboard that says "The text suggestions update for this keyboard didnt download successfully"
even I set Country and Regional format in Japan.

I tried hardware reset but didnt work. it reset some apps but still has windows 10 on my phone.

then I tried uninstall windows 10 update from HTCboot-loader using Windows Insider Recovery tools but it didnt work!
it stopped at white back with text message like dos/v command after pressed "Volume UP / DOWN"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo