Adding Office 365 account on 10536

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone had success adding an Office 365 account in build 10536? I know it's been an issue in prior builds and it still looks to be an issue based on what I see. Just wondering if others have had any luck, and if so, how?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Does it ask you to enroll the phone? If not, where is it stumbling?

If I go to All Settings-->Accounts-->Work Access and select "connect" and enter my email address it searches. I get prompted with "Make sure you have a celluar data or Wi-Fi connection then try again..." (I am connected via Wi-Fi.) For the server I enter "outlook.office365.com" (also tried "office365.com" as well) and I get the same message - it never seems to find it.

Alternatively, I've also tried All Settings-->Accounts-->Add a work or school account and enter my email address. After I enter my email address and leave the email address field, I get a message "Taking you to the sign in page for your organization" (our ADFS page). I then get an error "An error occurred. Contact your administrator for more information." Error details include an activity ID guid (all zeroes), the relying party (Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform), the time, and user agent string.

I actually am not sure which method I should be using, but neither one works.

Not sure if the above info will help you out, but I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This is what I know. The enrollment process doesn't seem to work in any build so far. When I say it doesn't work, it goes through the process of adding the phone (and I can see it on the admin page and shows compliant) but none of the Office apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive) will see it as being enrolled. I even get to a point that it asks me to enroll and to find an app in the store to do it. But it's supposed to be built in!

How I got it to work is that I added my account to the exceptions group on the Office 365 admin page, so enrollment was not required. Then I went to All Setting, Accounts, Your Account, Other accounts you use, Workplace or school account. Add your details there. Then, when you add your email account to Outlook, the details should already be there. You just have to select it.

Let me know how you get on.

Mikel Elorza

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
It works! I had the same issue on build 10549, i was completly locked in the enrollment process (the device looking up on the market for something that is supposedly built in) THANKS!:confused:

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to let you know that build 10572 improves on enrolling devices onto Office 365, but the apps still don't recognise that the phone is enrolled and still tries to download something. So it's still broken.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I double checked and we do not have device enrollment, so I couldn't add an exception. I got my account added via dumb luck. Here's what I did.

• I tapped Settings-->Accounts-->Your Email and Accounts-->Add an Account
  • I selected Exchange, Office 365 which brings up this screen:
    wp_ss_20151022_0007.png
  • I entered my company email address and hit next and got the message "We are looking for your account settings" for a few seconds then it brought up the following screens. The first one only flashed briefly before redirecting to the second screen - not enough time to enter a password:

wp_ss_20151022_0004.png wp_ss_20151022_0011.png wp_ss_20151015_0001.png
  • Here's where the dumb luck came in. On the "Let's get you signed in" screen shot above (the screen that flashed momentarily before showing the "taking you to the sign-in page for your organization"), see where it has the empty password box and the "I forgot my password" link? I apparently accidentally tapped that link. That then redirected me to a page that says "Let's reset your password" (not shown).
  • From there (the "Let's reset your password page"), I hit cancel. That took me back the screen with my email address and password where I could actually enter my password. I entered it and my account was added!

So, the key was to hit the "I forgot my password" link (which I did by accident) on the screen that pops up briefly so it will take you to the reset page where you can hit cancel and finally get back to the page where you can enter your password. Just to test that's what I did, after my account was successfully added the first time, I removed the account and tried it again. It took me about 10 tries before I was able to hit the "I forgot my password" link and have it take me to the reset page, but I finally did an it added it again.

A bit convoluted, but hopefully the screen shots and description will help someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb