Back Out of Windows Insider on Phone?

Eisenhorn76

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I just got my 1520 last week so please bear with me.

I was interested in Windows 10 at the onset but after reading the feedback of users in these forums, I decided against it. The thing is, I already signed up for the Insider Program and the update itself has been downloaded. I just haven't allowed it to be installed.

Is there any way to get rid of the update? Or should I just ignore it. I'd like to stay at 8.1 but I'm worried that if I don't update, when the final build comes, I won't be able to update unless I install the current preview in my queue. Thanks!

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I believe after so long round a month the update will auto install. Way it worked on my icon cause I didn't want install the first preview build.. I had to uninstall insider app then factory reset the phone to stop the update to 10. I do not know if this still holds true maybe someone who has done this with a more recent build will chime in. For the record I'm running the most recent build on my icon and I'm pretty happy with it so far much much smoother than the last build (512) but that's me and my opinion lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes