Will a Lumia 1520 with W10 work right now as my daily phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just bought a refurb Lumia 1520 super cheap and want to load the latest Mobile build on it and use it as my main phone. I am interested in W10 Mobile on it but not sure if its stable or good enough as a daily driver. I mainly use, Corp. Email, listen to Podcasts and Spotify on my current Android phone and I have a MS Band.

Can the L1520 be used as a daily phone without problems, or should I wait until the actual W10 Mobile comes out to use it?
Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had Windows 10 on my 1520 for the past month or so as my daily phone. It's been stable enough for me since 10166.

Granted that some things I'm fine with might be big problems for others.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As one who has a 1520 on 8.1 Update 1, there really is no big hardship running stock.

Why rush in on a daily? You could get a value phone used for little money and play all you want.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
No Major Bugs??

What bugs, if any, do you encounter?
Windows Central app is extremely laggy on 10536 and extreme touch-problems in Age of Empires: Castle Siege both prompted me to roll back to WP8.1 after a couple of days of playing on that build. (Yes, I did do a hard reset before testing anything for those who might wonder.)

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have finally put build 10582 on my 1520 after I've been playing with the Insider builds on a 640XL since July which I think it was build 10166 back then.

And the results, it is absolutely fantastic, performance is good. Way better than the 640XL, I guess the extra processing power and memory still counts on WM10. Now with all the system apps up to date, it run super smooth, no crashing in general, except sometimes the Edge will close randomly.

But more important to me, Lumia Camera works! Yes, you get the pureview camera back! So does glance screen, works beautifully. The only thing we miss is "Hey Cortana", I hope they are gonna fix it in the TH2 release...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss