Problem with quick status setting for lockscreen. Can I get some help?

Jishan S

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Problem with quick status setting for lockscreen.

I have tried to add apps like WhatsApp, Facebook or other third party apps to show quick status on lock screen. But every time i go to lock screen setting, all these apps get removed from that list. Only system apps like phone,messaging, mail, alarms are staying on that list. I am using the latest build 10536.1004.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with quick status setting for lockscreen.

There are multiple bugs in this area. I can't pick an app to see custom things (weather/messaging for example), the settings app just crashes instantly. And sometimes I can select apps like Messenger/Fb for quick status, but after a time, the phone "forgets" it and I have to re-pick'em again.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem but now it suddenly started to work and I can see WhatsApp notifications on lock screen now :)

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

I have the same thing here, running 10536 on my ATIV S and I found that if you leave your device stay in stand-by long enough then the time/quick status are gone. Also the animation of "sliding up" the lock screen is gone. Once you wake it up then it stays normal for a while. I guess it might have something to do with the power-saving governer.

Just wanna ask some off-topic question. My ATIV S lost the abilty of autofocus after updated from 8.1.1 to 10536 and changing to 3rd party app won't help. I know it's a leak that let my ATIV S get the preview but just wondering if any lumia device facing similar issue? Many thanks.

HenkW

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm also on build 10536 and experiencing lock screen quick status issues. The Settings do allow me to select system apps like Mail, Messaging, etc. Also Twitter or Facebook can be selected from the app list and show their icon. But when selecting WhatsApp a red cross is shown instead of the app icon and no quick status is displayed.

portboy

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Workaround for me:
Go into Lockscreen Settings and select the status app you like (for me Messenger and WhatsApp).
Leave the settings and don't go back!
The settings are working now.
If you go back to settings, you must select again the Apps you like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes