L1520 is bricked and won't respond.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have bricked my L1520 and this happened when I tried to downgrade from Technical Preview firmware 10536 1004 to WP 8.1, using Windows Phone Recovery Tool. The downgrade was almost complete but when the phone went to the red screen with the circulating arrows, the phone just went dead. The phone just remains with a black screen and I get no response from any of the buttons, not even the BSOD with sad face. What can I do?

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I think the obvious solution is to try and reflash it again using the recovery tool. If you can't even get the phone to respond to the power button (or any other combination), try letting the battery drain completely, charge it up, then try the recovery tool. Another thing you could try it to reset it using the key combinations. I don't know the combination off the top of my head, but a quick search of the forum will show you what it is for Lumias.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
THanx for your reply ncbartschi. When I said the phone remains with a black screen, I meant a black screen like the phone was powered off. And how do I drain the battery if the phone doesn't even turn on?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Try holding the power button and volume down (or was it up? try both versions). That should boot into flashing mode.

NitOxYs

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the longest trouble with this. My screen remained black for a little bit after the :( on the update. I found if you Hold Power + Vol down and it reboots, just hold vol down with the recovery tool open on PC, it should find it.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the longest trouble with this. My screen remained black for a little bit after the :( on the update. I found if you Hold Power + Vol down and it reboots, just hold vol down with the recovery tool open on PC, it should find it.
My phone won't even get to the :( stage. It seems to be permanently off.

NitOxYs

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you feel it reboot? If you hold down the buttons? Try turning it on and off and leaving it off the charger for a day or two.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I eventually gave up trying to boot the phone so I went to Microsoft where they told me that the motherboard was damaged so I told them to replace the mobo. Now I have my phone working again and I'm very happy even though Microsoft charged the equivalent of half of what I had originally paid for a new phone. Thanx anyway guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss