Ongoing Live Tile update problem in w10m

Brad SmithWV

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the following problem, experienced on build 10536 and 10512 (actually all fast ring builds) with live tiles:

Live tiles on apps such as multiple calendar apps (I'm currently using "Tile Calendar") and weather apps (using Amazing Weather) do not update regularly. For example, the calendar app will continue to show the 17th of the month for hours after midnight on the 18th or the weather app set to update the tile hourly shows stale weather for 5 to 20 or more hours. Both will eventually update but not nearly as frequently as needed. Both worked well on WP8.1 and updates. It seems to me like the apps are running in the background and asking to update the tile but the OS isn't refreshing. My evidence for this is that at 4:00pm my weather tile might say "last updated 8:14 am". If I shutdown and restart my phone (not hard reset) it will always be updated when the phone comes back on but may say "last update 3:25pm". After the shutdown/restart the calendar will always show the correct date.example.png

Am I alone? Any advice?
Thanks,
Brad

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have seen similar behavior with some apps on WM10 but not all. I use Cal as my calendar app it seems to work just fine. On the other hand, the WC apps does provide notifications but the live tile does not update with the latest feed (notification count shows correctly). I have also realized that the MSN weather app also gets stuck sometimes and not update for hours.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The Outlook calendar app got an update yesterday and is working better. Live tile updates. Also, I use Chronos calendar and its live tile works as well. Not all apps are going to work yet, WP10 is a test release. You could report it through feedback.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss