Anyone noticed that location services is what was causing the overheating thing?

plast 0000

May 18, 2014
Visit site
anyone noticed that location services is what was causing the overheating thing?

anyone noticed that location services is what was causing the overheating thing?
since turning it off and my phone never overheated, maybe location services are the problem? (well that's what I think)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: anyone noticed that location services is what was causing the overheating thing?

since turning it off and my phone never overheated, maybe location services are the problem? (well that's what I think)

Hmm..doesn't make too much sense to be honest. My phone doesn't overheat often, and usually it's Skype that crashes it. And the location services are working great for me. Today I took an hour long navigation trip and it worked great, no overheating, no crashing, or anything.

Ian Middleton

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: anyone noticed that location services is what was causing the overheating thing?

Noticed as well on Lumia 820. Picked up phone this morning at 7:30 100% charge (and warm) and now 9am (1 1/2 hours later) battery is down to 18% and quite warm...Not good.

Will try it today with location services off and see what happens.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

On my L1520, 10536, location services on, NFC off, Bluetooth off, the phone is cold most of the time. The only time I noticed too much heat is when I started Skype when charging. After I disconnected the charger it got back to normal.

Ian Middleton

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Well after an absolute disastrous battery day yesterday, with it never getting about 20% when plugged into my computer, got home last night charged it on it own charger to 100%.

Left overnight unplugged and charge down to only 90% in the morning, including downloading an update over night and is currently (at 10am) with 87% with mobile data and location services on. So no idea what's changed !!!

Nikolai Kuzbanovsky

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

I have not seen anything like this, but I have seen this strange issue.
When I open wifi, the symbol of the gps pops up for some seconds, although I have the location services off the entire time.

plast 0000

May 18, 2014
Visit site
sorry for the long delay, I have L1320 LTE, I know that it suffers overheating, seen some people online with the same phone complain about the same issue
but that overheating doesn't make sense and shouldn't exist unless something was causing it, I 'm sure that the hardware of my phone isn't faulty, some when during the middle of this year I asked Gabe Aul on his twitter account about what may cause a phone to overheat so much that it turns off to protect itself, he told me that there's a background process to blame, couldn't think about anything running in the back ground except the location services (and probably syncing features but these aren't CPU Intensive, so the location service is what to take the blame

I used both 8.1 and 10, they both make the phone overheat (10 does more), 8.1 seems to do while using Cortana or search, using my cellular data (3G) also does an overheating job (not really on 8.1, but dangerously on 10, overheats so much when being used and warm when IDLE with data ON)
I noticed that whatsapp plays a big role in overheating too (overheating intensifies on both 10 and 8.1 (more on 10)), I remember facing overheating issues (and turning off) while using FB and FB messenger (I no longer use them since I closed my FB account)

there really IS something going in the background

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett