Horrible Experience 10536 Lumia 640 XL

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Having a really hard time with this build on my 640 XL. Runs sluggish. Apps crashing a lot. I can't get Groove to see any of my music on OneDrive. Photos disappearing from the photos app... randomly lost my cell internet APN settings. Had to manually put them in to get it working again. Quite painful all around really....

I've tried clean reset twice. Nothing is helping it.

Anyone else having these type of issues on the 640XL and this build? Surprisingly it works great on my 1520...

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Running the same build on my 640 xl. And yes, I have experienced sluggishness and apps sometimes crashes. On my groove music I have local music on my sd card but it doesn't look for it. I have noticed that once groove finishes its initial scanning, it won't scan again anymore. I was also surprised to see that build 10536 runs smoother on my lumia 925 :(

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Running latest on two 640xls here. Everything working fine and happy with it. Sometime a little slower than on 8.1 update 2, but expected for a preview.

redbluff

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
And on my 640xl the keyboard has gone crazy. I can type on it but it seems to be jumping around when trying to predict the word I am typing. Very frustrating. Also the photos app pin to the start screen is mis behaving. It will only sshow 2 photos on the tile rather than the ones I have on one drive.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No it's just this build or maybe this build and the last one.
If you went back to Slow Ring you'd be on Build 10166 which is ancient at this point.

Yeah I know but I did hear at the time of 10166, Winbeta or one of the enthusiasts site said that 10166 isn't that bad. I really don't want to go back and stick with 8.1 but my notifications aren't working at the moment like they should. Have you noticed notification issues with apps such as Messaging(I am making a topic on this now actually), Kik, telegram with 10536?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yeah I know but I did hear at the time of 10166, Winbeta or one of the enthusiasts site said that 10166 isn't that bad. I really don't want to go back and stick with 8.1 but my notifications aren't working at the moment like they should. Have you noticed notification issues with apps such as Messaging(I am making a topic on this now actually), Kik, telegram with 10536?
I've not noticed any issues myself with notifications but I've heard of them.
I personally wouldn't make the trek back to 10166 as there are even more bugs in that build and performance and battery life will be less. Plus you will probably lose a lot of features (app features) that could possibly be exclusive to the latest build.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've not noticed any issues myself with notifications but I've heard of them.
I personally wouldn't make the trek back to 10166 as there are even more bugs in that build and performance and battery life will be less. Plus you will probably lose a lot of features (app features) that could possibly be exclusive to the latest build.
You are probably right. Worse comes to worse I can always just upgrade from Slow ring to Fast ring with 10536 right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett