Windows Insider Configuration Update

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be the same build number. App data gets migrated.

All my app tiles are blank with "Pending" under them. But they are slowly coming back.

kcpistol

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Got the same update here on a 1020 - can't see any changes either, although I didn't capture the detailed rev numbers before the update - still on the same build anyway.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
On spinning gears, it's been spinning for five minutes, too long for a micro second update.. There were no details.. Let's see what happens..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Update was installed ten minutes ago, I don't see any changes besides some apps have new written under it in the app list..No changes in the Windows Insider app either, I thought we are being locked into fast ring and wont have to enroll everytime the new updates come but it's not so..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Damn...that took long to install. As mentioned on the website, it's just an update made to prepare your device for future updates, nothing else.

dwaynebritton

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
My 640 stuck on the restart prompt, and kept coming up with an error message, saying to wait a bit and try again. I did that a number of times, over an hour. I finally gambled, and did a manual restart. (Holding my breath) It restarted just fine, so I went to the phone update page again, touched restart, and it it did what it was supposed to! All is well!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Windows Phone

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Nothing seems changed, but my 620 now seems have faster start-up & turn-off time.

Or maybe it just preparation/configuration for next update.
And my tips for faster update process (gear screen) is remove sim & micro sd.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Why is this update re-installing all my apps ? Most of my apps have "pending" status. EDIT : Jumped the gun. It's fine now.:sweaty:

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, definitely much quicker responses... and ever since I turned off double tap to wake (L830), battery lasted through a whole Monday thru music, calls, emails etc... :D

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This is only a configuration update. Migrating apps also occurs when a keyboard is added, so it doesn't mean anything.

Ang it's the 3rd time we get a Fast ring configuration update. Last time, we got a build the same week IIRC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05