Messaging Notifications not working(Build 10536)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I know it beta. In before 'quit complaining about a tech preview
So I am having a time trying to figure out why notifications for messaging are not working. I downloaded the Microsoft messaging(And even the Skype preview) for Windows 10 on Build 10536 yet neither the live tile nor toast notifications or Action center is showing notifications.

I only see new texts when I actually literally go into the Messaging tab itself.

Is this a common bug? I was going to do a factory reset but idk....

then I was going to downgrade back to 8.1 and go slow ring to 10166 as I didn't have much issues with that build and I was told 10166 was the most recent update for them.

My phone is the dual sim Lumia 640 XL (RM-1096)

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I had that problem with the prior build. And the reason why I went back to 8. So far 8 haven't received confirmation this was fixed in the latest build

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Strange I just started having this issue today along with Outlook notifications were not chiming but were showing in the live tile and banners. I figured that one out by going into Outlook again and manually turning on the notifications again. Not sure why they turned off.
Anyways still no luck on the Messages. No notifications at all. I have to go into Messages to see anything new.
I just now did the above idea and disabled the message syncing.
Currently the only way to know of messages is to have Cortana notify me out loud. (which is kind of cool didn't know that she could do that)
I am not sure what she does if I don't answer her though (guess I will find out soon enough), as in does it show a notification or not.

Microsoft Lumia 735 .71

EDIT: Well I guess you don't get any notification from Cortana either and seems disabling message syncing didn't work either.

UPDATE: It is working again. The background for Messages was turned off. Again this is just weird because like the Outlook settings they were turned off without my knowledge / input.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Strange I just started having this issue today along with Outlook notifications were not chiming but were showing in the live tile and banners. I figured that one out by going into Outlook again and manually turning on the notifications again. Not sure why they turned off.
Anyways still no luck on the Messages. No notifications at all. I have to go into Messages to see anything new.
I just now did the above idea and disabled the message syncing.
Currently the only way to know of messages is to have Cortana notify me out loud. (which is kind of cool didn't know that she could do that)
I am not sure what she does if I don't answer her though (guess I will find out soon enough), as in does it show a notification or not.

Microsoft Lumia 735 .71

EDIT: Well I guess you don't get any notification from Cortana either and seems disabling message syncing didn't work either.

UPDATE: It is working again. The background for Messages was turned off. Again this is just weird because like the Outlook settings they were turned off without my knowledge / input.

Yesterday there was an app update, you didn't notice it

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday there was an app update, you didn't notice it
Is that a question or an answer? :grincry:
After I got everything working then I noticed the news update on Windows Central. I was actually afraid of updating since it took me around 2 hours on and off sorting it out during the work day.
Anyways updated and just double checked those settings above in Outlook and everything was still checked and notifications continued to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05