Improve your startscreen

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I explained an issue with the startscreen on other threads, but now I feel I should make a separate thread about it, since it's starting to really bother me.

So..here's what's going on.
Your startscreen consists of your background as the bottom layer, then a mostly transparent but noticeable overlay, and then on the top, there are your tiles.
So, the problem here is that middle layer. Because that middle layer makes your background look bad. Here are some examples.

This is the original picture on the left, compared to the end result on the right.
Shards.jpgwp_ss_20150923_0003.jpg
City Nigh.jpgwp_ss_20150923_0004.jpg
Nebula Vortex.jpgwp_ss_20150923_0002.jpg

The white overlay is more than noticeable, and it's really driving me mad. Most of my backgrounds look washed out and just bad. The only solution for now that I found is to use the dark theme for your phone, because in that case the overlay is transparent black, so it doesn't look that much bad. But your picture still isn't what it is, it's a bit darker.

I've submitted feedback to the Windows Feedback app, and for anyone interested in helping out, here's the link, vote for it!
Windows-Feedback:?contextid=310&feedbackid=e9795de7-541e-4278-bc9e-87b140096539&form=2&src=2
To use the link, copy it on your phone, open Microsoft Edge, paste it in the adress field, and hit enter! It should open up Windows Feedback, with my suggestion opened.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
How about darkening wallpaper a little bit and increasing contrast and saturation as well and than put it in background, that's what I did and it helps although it is not the best possible solution, more like temporary workaround :D

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, first it's complicated, and requires tools which I don't have right now. Second, you don't know what results you're going to get. Third, it requires time. And fourth, I don't think we should do that, it's not our job to fix what they broke.
We just need to get this noticed by their team. And hopefully they'll fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon