Windows Insiders app not downloading on 520

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been running 10536 on my L520 for about a week. Yesterday and today I have had problems getting phone to respond so I make a call. Yesterday messaging stopped working for a time also. Since this is my daily drive and I really need my phone this week, I decided to go back to 8.1. I used the WPRT and got back to 8.1 Lumia Cyan.
I cannot download the Windows Insider app again, it says wrong hardware. When I do a search to it does not come up for me.
When I look under myapps in store, it is listed way at the bottom with unsupported for my device. Several other apps are there as well.
Did something change and is MS kicking out those of us not on the hardware support list?
Anyone else seeing this?
I'm wondering if it would act different if I was running Lumia Denim?

Last edited:

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong... But I remember reading somewhere that MS suggested device with only 4GB storage are not getting W10M... Well, that's the 520 I believe...

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I gave my 520 away. It's not a phone to be taken seriously. You can't expect such hardware to live through technological progress. Technology advances rapidly.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong... But I remember reading somewhere that MS suggested device with only 4GB storage are not getting W10M... Well, that's the 520 I believe...
The 520 has 512MB memory and 8GB storage. The 520 is not on the list of first devices to get 10, but I have been running the test builds.
MS said phones must have Lumia Denim and ATT has not released it for 520.
I'm using the Preview for Developers to see if I can get to Denim, then maybe it will see the app.
I'm not ready to jump back in with W10M right now.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The 520 has 512MB memory and 8GB storage. The 520 is not on the list of first devices to get 10, but I have been running the test builds.
MS said phones must have Lumia Denim and ATT has not released it for 520.
I'm using the Preview for Developers to see if I can get to Denim, then maybe it will see the app.
I'm not ready to jump back in with W10M right now.

Sorry, my mistake, I was confused with the 530. But yes you are right, the 520 got 8GB storage. It would be nice if you can go between WP8.1 and W10M...

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Here is my solution, I installed Preview for Developers app and it updated 8.1.
Then I went back into the store and Windows Insiders App was there.
While I like the UI on 10, 8.1 is so much fastest on my 520.
Waiting for a faster version of 10 before I jump back in.
Two 8.1 installs from Preview app and I am now running Lumia Denim.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I gave my 520 away. It's not a phone to be taken seriously. You can't expect such hardware to live through technological progress. Technology advances rapidly.
I had an android budget phones before, since money is an issue. Most android budget phones come with 3MP cameras and little memory. When I looked at the specs and reviews on the L520, I decided to give it a try. It's a great phone for the price. I got my wife get one as her first smartphone. She said it was the only phone I never complained about. I have an android tablet for things I can not do on the phone. I'm thinking of getting the 640 for Christmas. I will have had my 520 almost 2 years by then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12