What will make you stay away from Win10 mobile?

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, this thread is meant to be a frustration collection thread, you should only report real blocker, anything are really unacceptable/make you no longer workable after upgrade to Win10 mobile.
I will collect all our reasons to not consider Win10 mobile at the moment, and update in the first post.
And ultimately, hopefully we should raise Microsoft's awareness about all the issues, because something really critical to us had gained so little attention in the feedback app, we need better way to let them know.
Come on, guys, write down your frustrations.

Mine first:
VPN connection settings(IKEv2) doesn't have "authenticate with certificate" option.
A broken VPN implementation really block my path to Win10 mobile. Without properly configured(connect with certificate is probably the most secure and flex option) VPN, there're people in this world can't properly use the Internet, include me.
This feature was right there in WP8.1!!!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
To me VPN is not that important, because i don't use it, but i would love to see a wifi direct feature and a normal, fully functional Facebook app, from MS. Also, it would be nice if the Lumia PlayTo app would come back, and with better support for DLNA. And i'm not sure if Edge doesn't support certificates yet, but i would need to install the one for my bank (worked in 8.1), and Edge needs to get much faster, same with the phone. And i'd like to see no more store update errors. Quick action center could be better, double tap to enter wifi/bluetooth setting, single tap to on/off for example.

Otherwise i'm pretty happy with where MS is going with the OS, they just need to add more new features, so there will always be something going on for us, and we'll be happy :) The only thing that would keep me away would be no new flagship phones and updates, or if everything would get completely broken somehow. I'm too big of a fan :)

ThePaladinTech

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
That freaking ugly people tile! :grin:

OK I see you want 'real' problems ... Currently I truly think the calendar and outlook app are very lacking in comparision to the one I have on WP 8.1, not sure if that is a stopper though

Another problem I can't beleive they can't handle is if I am on a web page and it offers an app, it will often take me to the iTunes store. WP8 would never do that, it would take me to the windows store.

Honestly the more I think about your ask the more I find myself saying "there are no show stoppers, I'm sticking with Windows Phone regardless" - but the mail / calendar / people app are very close to a show stoppers for me. I haven't installed Win 10 Mobile on my daily driver, and I can safely say it is because of those three apps.

Last edited:

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The inability to have repeated audible notifications for unread SMS messages. I want my phone to beep every ten minutes if there is an unread SMS message. It can't be done in W10 unless Microsoft choose to do it themselves (app developers are barred from accessing the SMS notifications).

This is so important to me that I've had to go back to an Android phone.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
The lack of features and quality, full featured popular apps, that should be as comparable to their IOS and Android counterparts.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss