Lumia camera is BACK :D

andy-hcn

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
soo earlier today i did a hard reset to my lumia 1020 running w10m build 10536 ! After finishing i went to my library to install my apps I found the lumia camera available and can be installed :D
Have any one been able to install it or am i the only one !

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
it depends on your variant of the 1020 if you get Lumia Camera or not after a hard reset.
I tried it and sadly I have to wait till it will be made available later this year

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if that's the new version of Lumia Camera for the 1020 Gabe Aul mentioned a few days ago:
"We also wanted to talk a little bit about Lumia 1020 camera features on Windows 10. Owners of the Lumia 1020 love using their phone’s amazing camera to capture high-fidelity photos and videos. If you recently upgraded your Lumia 1020 to a Windows 10 Insider Preview build, you might have been disappointed that your camera wasn’t working like you expect. Many of the Lumia 1020’s camera features, like 41MP capture and DNG files, only work with the Lumia Camera app. While the app works with Windows 10 Mobile, it won’t be available for download from the Store until later this fall.

To get all your Lumia 1020 camera features back, you need the Lumia Camera app installed on your phone. The easy solution is to wait until the app is available in the Store. If you don’t want to wait, you need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to return to Windows Phone 8.1 in order to get the app back."

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
damnit, someone cheered too soon.
i can click on "install" but then it always says "working..." and never actually installs it

LuisMGLopes

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a lumia 930 and after an hard reset it also installed Lumia Camera. Now I have Microsoft camera and lumia camera installed.
...but I can only edit rich capture with lumia camera so it's good we have it.
when I installed 10536 the lumia camera was gone...now it's back...

Richpl

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a lumia 930 and after an hard reset it also installed Lumia Camera. Now I have Microsoft camera and lumia camera installed.
...but I can only edit rich capture with lumia camera so it's good we have it.
when I installed 10536 the lumia camera was gone...now it's back...

Same here, I have it on my 930

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Question for those who are able to get / use Lumia Camera now, do you have the preview icon / button when the camera is launched whilst the phone is locked?

I'm not a fan of having to unlock my phone every time I have to show the last photo, it's slow and cumbersome and especially the slight delay in the lockscreen when locking or unlocking.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
soo earlier today i did a hard reset to my lumia 1020 running w10m build 10536 ! After finishing i went to my library to install my apps I found the lumia camera available and can be installed :D
Have any one been able to install it or am i the only one !

I finally took the plunge on my 1520 last night. Upgraded then reset without restoring. Lumia Camera was installed and set as the default camera. I was surprised as my 920 test device had MS camera.

LuisMGLopes

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Question for those who are able to get / use Lumia Camera now, do you have the preview icon / button when the camera is launched whilst the phone is locked?

I'm not a fan of having to unlock my phone every time I have to show the last photo, it's slow and cumbersome and especially the slight delay in the lockscreen when locking or unlocking.

well I did what you say here and with the phone locked pressing the camera button, opens the lumia camera (I can't change to the microsoft camera if I wanted) and there's that tiny circle at the top that shows the last photo and pressing it, opens it so I guess it's working the way you want.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
well I did what you say here and with the phone locked pressing the camera button, opens the lumia camera (I can't change to the microsoft camera if I wanted) and there's that tiny circle at the top that shows the last photo and pressing it, opens it so I guess it's working the way you want.

There were two, one for the last image taken and one for the album(s) usually padlocked when camera is used when phone is locked.

Can you post a screenshot?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is the crux of the matter

Is it possible to get Lumia camera back for Lumia 1020 and L1020 only? This is when you're on build 10536. Not for any other model. It has to be working with the options for high res and DNG

If yes, what's the step by step procedure? With screenshots if possible. And can you make it default and make sure it accesses location info

As it is it happens for some but not for others.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to get Lumia camera back for Lumia 1020 and L1020 only? This is when you're on build 10536. Not for any other model. It has to be working with the options for high res and DNG
I finally managed to get it on my L930/10536, lumia camera, both versions and lumia panorama, so I'm quite sure it is not 1020 exclusive...
wp_ss_20151002_0001.jpg

If yes, what's the step by step procedure? With screenshots if possible.
  1. Go to store, hit hamburger and choose My library
    wp_ss_20151002_0002.jpg
  2. On the app part click on show all and wait a little bit...
  3. Find Lumia camera on list and hit 'download arrow', that's it ;) ...

make sure it accesses location info
No you can't...

make sure it accesses location info
Yes

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I finally managed to get it on my L930/10536, lumia camera, both versions and lumia panorama, so I'm quite sure it is not 1020 exclusive...

Yes

Won't work for me (930) no matter what.

They need to implement the official camera app, this remove old apps before having something else ready is getting ridiculous

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo