Suddenly, nothing opens on Windows 10 Preview V.10536

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am running the OS version: 10.0.10536.1004. My installation went great yesterday. I followed the step by step instructions given on this site.

Today, suddenly, nothing opens. What I mean is, my Outlook mail app will not open. My Facebook messenger app will not open. My phone app to see my miss call will not open. Each of these apps (as well as various others) act as if they are opening when I tap on them but immediately, within a second, the app shuts down and I return to the start/home screen.

Any idea what is causing this? Have any others experience the same issue here? I have a little more than 1gig of phone memory remaining in my Lumia 640XL. Helps!

Thanks,

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
That's really strange, not sure what went wrong but I'm afraid you'll have to reset your phone, maybe even roll back to WP8.1, it just happens sometimes, technical preview isn't fully backed product and it's kind expectable that it sometimes simply completely refuse to work properly

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Teo,

Yeah I knew that going into it. I see videos online of other devices running it and running somewhat smoothly. Totally expected some bugs here and there but not like this.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yep, this is not common issue, you're among those few unlucky insiders unfortunately, reset your phone and make a fresh start, it should work just fine :)

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issues with my L830 did the reset to 8.1 n then back to current build.. since then the apps are working fine & even the battery backup is much better!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb