Is the slow build useable as a daily driver?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering because I'd like to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile when I can, but I always seemed to have issues with the Store when I played around with the fast build.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Just did my 1020 day before yesterday, even restored from backup. It took a LONG time to get everything restored(better part of a day) but its been smooth on 10536. Tweaking for battery life now, no issues in the store for me though.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I would say yes, without thinking twice, but join fast and get latest available build, I'm using it as daily driver on my L930 without any serious issue, some minor issues here and there and so great battery life, but that's something I can live with... Can't even imagine myself switching back to 8.1 :D

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Well it is really hard to say as experience knows to be quite different from user to user but for me it is stable and fast enough to use it on my primary phone, at least it is the case on my L930 and even on my old L925 although I don't use this phone very frequently so I can't say how it looks like under heavy usage...

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried the slow ring build first, but I honestly don't think you will be happy with that as a daily driver. It has too many bugs still (apps disappearing, opening then closing immediately, etc.). I then tried to go directly from slow to fast ring, and that did not work at all. Based solely on my own anecdotal experience, I would suggest moving back to 8.1, or even doing a system reset and restore from backup, then switching to the fast ring. It is pretty good overall, with just a few minor quirks. But, as a daily driver, it seems to be working fine for me so far.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
That's what I'm talking about, it is far from perfect with plenty of room for improvements but it is still god enough to be used on a primary device....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12