Camera hangs on Saving after taking a picture, how can I fix this?

rogerdodger2

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: Camera hangs on "Saving" after taking a picture

I m having same problem on lumia 640xl.we cant do anything...jst hope fr the best with next update....lets see,wht happenes...

Also have lumia 640. Newest windows 10 release preview whatever update started causing camera problems. grrrrr...

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Also have lumia 640. Newest windows 10 release preview whatever update started causing camera problems. grrrrr...

This severe bug is more than a year old and they will not solve it. Dona Sakar is informed, but she cares more about boy groups and other nonsense she permanently tweets about. Go figure.

jonceramic

May 15, 2017
Visit site

This severe bug is more than a year old and they will not solve it. Dona Sakar is informed, but she cares more about boy groups and other nonsense she permanently tweets about. Go figure.

I just wanted to say that this issue is still happening to me. Whether it causes or results from SD card corruption, I'm not sure. But, it is always and exclusively related to the camera app, with no other symptoms in other applications. (Early on, it corrupted my SD card so much that I was unable to open other apps.) I actually went in and taped my SD card into the slot, and it helped, but did not fix all the issues? (Again, "Helped" is a questionable statement, as the problem did recur.)

I found a decent camera app "1shot", and it works ok. No Corruption issues.

On my latest soft-reset, it triggered the SD Card repair utility. Still not sure what the real issue is. But, it's real, and it matches the experiences of those who previously posted. Sad to see the wonderful Windows Phone 7 experience degrade over my last 3 phones. Went from incredible 7, to pretty good 8, to a mess of 10. :(

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Soft resets are basically "pull the plug" and always trigger a lengthy SD card filesystem check.

The camera bug mentioned here has disappeared on our 640 after installation of the Creators Update. I hope it will last.

Ned_001

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
Sorted! Had this problem since upgrading to windows 10 3 months back. Switched off save to Onedrive (in onedrive settings, not camera settings) and lo and behold it's now working as it should!

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm super late to this party I know, but this happens when you take too many pictures in succession and the processor doesn't keep up.. BUT THE MORE LIKELY REASON for most people is that your Storage Settings have new images saving to SD card. New photos don't write as fast to the SD card as they do to internal memory - it would be better if you saved images to internal memory, then transfer the pictures later on. Also, when the saving message comes and you restart the phone, you might notice the phone asks to scan the SD card for errors, this is because the photos didn't get saved fast enough and the process was interrupted.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Creators is not available for the Nokia 930....so I'd still be screwed...
Hope you are faring better

Happening to me on Lumia Icon, ever since software update 2 weeks ago. I was hoping for Creators Update to fix it, but that's not coming until the end of April...and not for my phone because it's 3 years old and no longer supported. Now I'm waiting for another update release cycle to patch the bug...hopefully!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

It started on my 930

I have no such problems on my 930 neither on 925 but I saw couple of such or similar issues around so U are not alone in this for sure. Maybe you should try to hard reset your phone and give it a fresh start?

zipswich

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site

Same problem on Lumia 830. It used to happen occasionally, but it happens reliably now after taking 2 or 3 pictures. I am using the simple app Camera Alternative as the last resort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss