Is it good to install 10536?

Ocean Sharma

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
i am lumia 730 user and i want to use windows 10 mobile now......
it has been a very long wait and since we are not having official w10m with us...
can i use build 10536 as my daily driver?
please reply all.... but please if anyone having a L730/735.... do give ur suggestions...

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have it on a Lumia 830 right now and it's not bad. I don't have it on my main phone, Lumia 640 XL, because Win10M doesn't have Data Sense. Being on a capped data connection, I require Data Sense to monitor my usage.

I think it will run fine on a Lumia 730. There still are bugs, but W10M has improved so much since it was first released to Windows Insiders

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been using 10536 and I like it a lot. Though, at this point, I'd just wait for the next build to jump in. Likely early next week.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't recommend based on my personal experience.

536 has steadily degraded on the L640 I installed it on.
I hard reset this phone after installing and formatted the SD in the phone.

Some things work flawlessly other features and apps have destabilized.
I've uninstalled quite a few formerly dependable apps and have tried moving stubborn apps from SD back to the phone with no luck.

A very glitchy build for me so far.
Fortunately I don't use this phone for other than sacrificial OS lab builds and feedback.

Hoping this all ends well for users waiting for stability on older devices :(

sanu rajan1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: should i go for build 10536?

the build is good one but there is small lag in the action centre and other app and the camera app it freezes regularly.I had install the build when it was released and went back to 8.1 because i use the camera a lot .I liked the build . camera is the only reason i went back.after that there was many updates for the apps I don't known how much it has improved now.

watchaa

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

Wait a little bit for the RTM if you don't want to revert back ti Windows 8.1 in within a week.
The OS is buggy, correct the first days and more and more buggy with the time...

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

It's an okay build but theres honestly a lot of work still to be done.

Performance is solid for the first day or so but after that it just SLOWS down. Apps struggle, resuming on the start screen, multitasking is downright painful. I wouldn't recommend for a daily driver just yet.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Maybe its my phone, HTC One M8, but the 10536 build has ran really well for me over the last month. Obviously its a preview build so small bugs and issues.

Here is what helped with my speed.

- Removed Cortana from start screen.
- Turn off location for improved battery life.
- Edge pretty useless all around, avoid!

Other than that it runs well. I get pop in from apps and it doesn't transition as smooth as 8.1 but again it's a preview. It runs surprisingly well on my Nokia 635 as well.

If you don't like bugs/glitches just wait for RTM.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I've used build 10536 since it's release.At first I upgraded from 8.1 directly and did hard reset after,no restore.

The build has been very stable for me.I've done a lot of things I think are necessary though at this stage.

I've cut background apps to about 5 or 6

Turned automatic store updates off,check manually myself

Turned off glance,double tap,and set brightness to medium.

Vibrate off on touch,location off,use only wifi,mobile data off.

Email set to sync hourly and lock screen set after 1 minute

Another thing I've always done before charging is soft reset each time(hold power button in till vibrate)

Everything else,personalisation,notifications are all normal

My battery life is great,on par with 8.1 and I have had very few crashes.Using 640 as daily

Last edited:

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
On a fresh install with no backup it worked directly for a couple of days but now battery drain and overheating in my pocket drains the battery within 5-6 hours on my 930. I would go more than a day on 8.1 update 1 on my 930 with the same use. Wait for the next build.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if the overheating and quick battery drain is related to Nokia/Lumia app. I have never had this with my HTC One. Could just me getting lucky I guess.

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Performance and stability really sucks on my 1020.
Done hard reset and all but it is still terrible slow and apps keeps crashing. Major battery drain. Must keep the battery saver function on always to get through the day. A lot of "please wait..." and "Resuming...". A couple of OS-crashes as well.
Only reason I have not gone back to 8.1 is that I haven't had the time.
Can't recommend it as a daily driver.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
After a couple of weeks of pure trouble (did reset the phone but then recovered an old phone with apps) on my 1020, I did the whole thing from totally clean slate. Back to 8.1, then updates till end without any download of apps and settings. Clean update of this build and loading of all needed apps by hand. Result: relatively fast, no more battery drain. Start screen resumes fine and phone works in a much more stable manner. Totally usable for the daily driver now. Only hickup: camera. It's miserably bad in comparison with the real thing.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
If you're curious about "new" stuff like I am then go for it. However, if I were to do it all over again I wouldn't. I couldn't be bothered rolling back to 8.1 due to my laissez-faire attitude but W10M b10536 is a battery-sucking glitchy hog of a mess right now. But everything is phone model dependent so ymmv.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro