AlphanumericDevicePasswordRequired not working as expected.

Andrew Karger

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I've been testing AlphanumericDevicePasswordRequired. When we push down the policy to enforce the password we are prompted to create a PIN. In conjunction we also set AlphanumericDevicePasswordRequired policy to 0 being Alphanumeric. The device will only allow a numeric PIN to be accepted.

DeviceLock/AlphanumericDevicePasswordRequired
Determines the type of PIN or password required. This policy only applies if the DevicePasswordEnabled policy is set to 0 (required).
The following list shows the supported values:
0 ? Alphanumeric PIN or password required.
1 ? Numeric PIN or password required.
2 (default) ? Users can choose: Numeric PIN or password, or Alphanumeric PIN or password.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn904962%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It does seem that these policies are working as expected within the Windows 10 mobile insider preview. The Policy indicates that it should also work for Windows 10 mobile & Desktops.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

slic0r

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi

We are currently evaluating Windows 10 Mobile in our company and like on the other platforms (iOS / Android) a 5-digit alphanumeric passcode is required by security policy.
I can confirm that the AlphanumericDevicePasswordRequired policy cannot be applied correctly.
Only numeric characters are allowed to type in.

Even if i copy / paste an example passcode from another application into the passcode field I get an error, that no alphanumeric characters are allowed.
Microsoft needs to fix this as soon as possible.

I have generated a Provisioning Package with these settings, but as i said, it doesn't work properly.

Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos