Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm also curious on the battery life. I'm in 10536 and it is becoming worst, 98%, then the phone crashed and restarted itself, and now it is 30% :(

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
for my 640xl the battery life seams pretty good. i have 83% now from 6 hours ago's 93%. the battery saver is always on. And with wifi 4g on ( note, when wifi is on, the 4G will be off) and checked some emails, social networks, store update for some apps and so on. when i had the airplane mode on, the phone dropped about 3% overnight (from 22:00 to 8:00 this morning).
just the store apps update is way too slow. and sometime i get 1 sms notification on the glance screen even there is no new sms.

Plus, i did hard reset before upgrade to 10549, then another hard reset after completion of the 10549 update. then did another 'small phone update' . plus lots of apps update yesterday and today.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I installed the 10549, did a hard reset, and all day the One Note would never load. The app list said it was pinned, and launching the app only brought me to the Store, which said it was installed already. I had tried to uninstall it and reinstall a couple of times, and even format the SD card. I ended up moving back to 8.1 just now, and will await the new hardware in a couple of weeks.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
it happened to my wechat app which experienced similar problem. at last, i have to power off and on the phone twice. then checked in store, the app need to be re-installed.....now works ok.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

You have to rollback to Windows Phone 8.1, install Lumia Camera, jump onto Windows 10 Mobile and then do not do a hard reset. It's only available for Lumia 1020's I believe.

I have Lumia Camera on my 1520. Before and after doing a hard reset.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmm..kinda weird cause other 1520 users doesnt experience this..have you receive the another update after you upgraded to 10549? There is another update..

Well how do you generalize the users? From their posts (detailed)? How many 1520 users who posted are you talking about here? Assumptions or conclusions?

Anyways, I do understand it's STILL BETA. And I am sharing MY experience based on how my phone works on this build - not out of pure 'excitement' because it's a new build. FYI, I've been doing BETA tests since the 1990's and one of the things I learned is to be more objective as possible.

Yes I did. I got the next update right after.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

I lost mine! Now I went back to 8.1 again to upgrade without hard reset... did you restore any backup or did you have to wait after the hard reset?
my lumia camera was gone after hard reset, some apps made automatical updates, but no way to install lumia camera. direct link says its not supportet and cannot be installed

For me after hard reset only I got Lumia Camera back.And I got a lot of apps (keek,flipkart) back which I uninstalled in 8.1 itself..lol

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Installed on my 1520 yesterday. Was running great with no real issues until today I noticed my battery draining way faster than normal. Usually I never have to worry about battery. With my normal usage I end up with about 50% left after a day's use. Today I didn't make it through a day. Looks like Cortana is using a lot of battery. Going to try a hard reset and see how she goes tomorrow. If it still drains fast I'll roll back to 8.1

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Battery drain for me on 10549 is random, was losing roughly 10% per hour in the morning with some texting and some music. Put her on the charger at lunch and in the afternoon was 2-3% drain per hour with same use.

Wish they nail down why the messaging app eats so much battery.

maxije

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

It's already there if you sign into the phone with your email!

Alphonso Burks

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Great build, but is anyone having issues with OneDrive and File Explorer transfers? I go to OneDrive to copy something from that to my phone and when i select where i want to save it File Explorer exits right away and OneDrive shows file transfer complete, but it doesnt show up at on my phone or sd card locations.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well how do you generalize the users? From their posts (detailed)? How many 1520 users who posted are you talking about here? Assumptions or conclusions?

Anyways, I do understand it's STILL BETA. And I am sharing MY experience based on how my phone works on this build - not out of pure 'excitement' because it's a new build. FYI, I've been doing BETA tests since the 1990's and one of the things I learned is to be more objective as possible.

Yes I did. I got the next update right after.
Ok, senior tester. Yeah you're right. The only solution is go back to 8.1. Unless you want to continue being frustrated, after all you've been since 1990.

Anil Patel5

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Quick tip - for those having store issues (or other general app issues) in 10549. Do a SOFT RESET (camera + power + vol down) and it will clear up things. The Soft Reset does not clear out the apps or settings, I think it clears out temp system files.

Build 10549 works great on my Lumia 1520, though I decided to HARD RESET and then restore with a backup from the previous build so I would have my apps, messages, and email accounts setup (and all my wifi accounts). That actually works fine, so a good way to get your settings back quickly while staying on 10549

I did notice after doing that the store was giving the 0x80246008 error and it was slow or nothing was downloading. I did a quick SOFT RESET and it booted back up quickly the store was back in action quickly loading all the apps (as it was when I installed 10549 originally).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 here
Upgraded directly from 8.1 cyan. First update was to a semi denim version - 270MB
Second update process took me to 10549 - 750MB

Pros
Lumia camera is back and no way am I hard resetting the phone
Start screen has more space.
Cleaner look
Love the text size slider, pushed the scaling to 175%
All my data is still there, photos, texts, contacts, even whatsapp messages
Better action center
Did I say Lumia camera is back? :)

Cons
Music app is giving me errors when playing most of my songs. I'll try copying them back from the pc
Can't get to task viewer by long pressing back button. I read another post with the same issue but it's do with scaling issue. I'll change and see

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
When I press long back for task view it shows me grid! no more single line, now its grid, lovely.

All this because of scaling, default is still single line.

So it works even with scaling, most likely it does not work for you because of no hard reset?

PS, im on 930 and 250%

Anil Patel5

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Onenote needs to be updated to universal app! I think it looks better and is faster in 10549 but it did crash once when opening a notebook, but was OK when I relaunched with the notebook there. Can't complain too much/

Why can't you enable stylus support in OneNote for Windows Phone ?!!!!! It would make my meetings so much more productive. Yes I have a Surface Pro and an iPad but I don't always carry them around.

MSFT - please add to the next update, can't be that difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb