Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T 830 that I've loaded the preview on. The only issue I have, and it's minor, is the Microsoft Photos plug-in keeps re-installing from the store. I install it, do a check for updates - it comes back and re-installs (wash, rinse, repeat). I had the same issue with the last build.

BTW it was hard reset after the install of the preview.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Can someone who uses Navigon please tell me if they have the same error with Windows Live ID that prevents the app from working?

Byron Leavitt

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Really? I'm glad to hear so many having success with it, but I've had insane issues with it. About ready to give up on using it on my HTC One m8. Maybe I need to do a hard reset and that'll help...

The thing started crashing as soon as I turned it on for me. I have had immense issues after a week or two on the last couple builds, but this one started instantaneously. Boo.

genod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920
I will wait for the build to settle down after a day to decide on how battery life is. However, it is much snappier than the previous W10 build. I would say almost on par with W8. I did do a hard reset immediately after installing. From there, I restored from backup. This build is GREAT so far!

I have not had issues with changing the quick action buttons like others have had.

Anil Patel5

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I think Build 10549 is amazing on my Lumia 1520!

What makes it different is scaling at 175%, it is essentially a PC in my pocket, with all the applications from Edge, Outlook, Weather, Finance, Store, TV & Movies, and even Groove and other universal apps transformed to their desktop mode. This makes the phone so much more enjoyable to use - better use of screen real estate. Edge now has tabs on top, like the desktop version. Money shows a desktop equivalent of my stocks (no mobile econo mode), TV is just like the desktop app, Outlook is so much more usable with both portrait and landscape dual pane views...

Even the notification center and the pop up error boxes look better, like they fit on the phone from a UI perspective (before they looked like bolted on after thoughts). The smaller fonts, resizing of the boxes - looks really cool. Totally digging it!

Cortana looks better with the scaling since it shows more, but still hope they redesign the Cortana UI with some color and make it look more polished.

Maps now has a two pane view in landscape mode! this is so cool...

It feels faster, the Camera doesn't lag, and no more "loading..."!!

I can't wait to pick up the 950XL or the Surface phone, but with this build I might wait for a pen enabled phone (or at least update Onenote with stylus support!!).

I can't believe how cool the Office apps are to use now with the screen scaling! Need to now get my work phone (HTC One for Windows) changed to a 950XL and ensure our CIO enables Windows 10 mobile support as soon as it is launched.

This was my vision for Windows 10 Mobile - glad to see that MSFT shared the same ideas.

Last edited:

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Overall much better. Less lag, start screen comes up fast as it should.

A few odd things on my 1020
- I don't have Cortana, just Search. When I opened it, it went through setup like Cortana and as far as I can tell, it is Cortana, but its called Search.

- When I make text smaller and enable more tiles, it looks great, but the long press on the back button no longer opens the multitasking screen. If I drop back to normal, it comes back.

Things still broken
- Cant activate Cortana from my Band.
- Battery drain better, but not to WP 8.1 levels. (maybe my battery is just getting old)
- Mbile Hotspots still unstable. I connect my Surface2 and it will disconnect after a few minutes. I am unable to reconnect until I turn off Mobile Hotspot and turn it back on again.

delta470

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

My movies and tv app went missing as well after my upgrade from 8.1 so I had to do a hard reset once I was up to W10M and then all my app's started downloading.

erfanjafar

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I am unable to access the task switcher. Using this build on my lumia 925, the back key is working fine but the hard press isn't opening the task switcher. Any suggestions?

Wesley George2

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Its of course faster than the previous build. Battery still draining quick. Animations smoother. However store app still takes a while to load up. Windows camera can now be set as default. Keyboard quicker. Apps load just a bit more quicker.

Gyula Torok

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site

I think you should be able to make a backup from Windows 10 Mobile and restore your contacts and texts and maybe data from third-party apps in Windows Phone 8.1 if you downgrade

Kenny7

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I should have read earlier about NOT to hard reset the Lumia 1020... yesterday I made a rollback, update, hard reset... no way to get Lumia Camera back :(
now I'm updating again. Havent set up much so far, so its no big deal for me. But it's really annoying. I hope ProShot will improve Win10 support soon and also work offline with win 10 mobile builds. If we then can use this as default camera app, this would be great. I don't get why Microsoft won't support the great Nokia apps any more

First impressions on Lumia 1020... the best build so far! 10536 was the worst. just the 3G only mode was nice to have

Last edited:

skyh1gh

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
On Lumia 1520, after few hard resets, i can say that previous build worked better for me... battery is awful. Contacts are messed up...

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My daily driver is an L930, and it's still on 8.1 because the Insider builds aren't ready yet. My backup device is an L630, and it's still on 8.1 because I figured 512MB devices could barely run the Insider builds. So I bought an L535 for ?40 just for Insider, and it's upstairs installing 10549 right now. Hoping it is a lot less clunky than the last build.

By the way, lots of people here are saying they can't stand going back to 8.1 after using W10M. I'm the opposite. 8.1 is slick and easy to use one handed. W10M is unresponsive, fiddly, frustrating and ugly. Every time I pull up the alphabet "jump list" in the app menu, I'm sickened by how **** it looks compared to the same on 8.1

Last edited:

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Rolled back to 8.1 early this morning, updated to build 10549 and did a hard reset. Been using it all day (it is now 23 hours in Holland) and I like this build. The problem with setting a data limit had been fixed, performance on my Lumia 735 is good. Can't say much about battery level on a day with lots of updating apps from the store after a fresh install, but everything seems fine.

Only thing I still miss is closing apps by using the back button. Most apps stay active in the background when using the back button and after a while performance drops because there are too many apps open. Having to close them manually by using task view everytime gets somewhat annoying. Besides that this is my favourite build this far and it really starts feeling a bit RTM-ready.

Kenny7

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I performed a hard reset.I got Lumia Camera back.

I lost mine! Now I went back to 8.1 again to upgrade without hard reset... did you restore any backup or did you have to wait after the hard reset?
my lumia camera was gone after hard reset, some apps made automatical updates, but no way to install lumia camera. direct link says its not supportet and cannot be installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6