Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but on 10549.4, Edge remembers the page and even specific position on page after reboot.

Also, it scores 457 in HTML5test, 1 less than the PC version (consistent difference).

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Alright, after a day of letting things settle down, and turning off Cortana because of that one bug, I must say, I REALLY like this build on my 1520. I refused to do a factory reset because a new color somehow glitched onto the color picker (was never able to replicate this with my Lumia 830) and it's the BRIGHT, powerful cobalt that existed in WP8, but became the washed out terrible cobalt in 8.1. It's absolutely gorgeous lol. Anyway, there's only one bug or lack of optimization, and that happens to be the camera:

I use the native camera app because I like being able to shoot full 16mps without having to settle for a 5 mp oversampled or having to have multiple files created for the same picture. One thing is that, after taking a picture (and the native camera app takes great pictures), it takes a goddamn year to 'add finishing touches.'

Other than that, it's REALLY nice.

WHSdad

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been running it on a 1520 since it first came out. It is smooth and fast. My only complaint is the battery drain. I would call myself just an average user. Mostly text, web surfing and phone calls. Battery life on 8.1 was much better. But I still like 10 better. Just have to charge more often.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Found out this build makes the phone get hot while charging. With all radios turned off.
Last build got hot while charging through Qi, this one does it even with a normal charger.

I went to check the charging stats in the battery apps and it showed a charging rate of over 50% per hour. I found this to be more than a bit weird, and potentially dangerous.

Also, while in normal use it works better than the last version, this build has a tendency to go REALLY hot REALLY fast.

I'll give it a couple of days and I'll see if I keep using it. I'm tempted to go back to 8.1 and forget about the troubles but there's a couple of things that I like in W10M vs 8.1. Though without Cortana and with massive battery and heat problems I'm seriously considering it.

Gary K

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
How do you do a hard reset Always just re-installed Windows 8.1 Seams work ok but would love to a hard reset

Thanks
Gary

seasidepb

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I think I've tried most of the fast ring previews and found none of them really usable on my Lumia 630. The previous build seemed promising at first but then deteriorated to the point where about four days ago I was so frustrated that I reverted to 8.1 - not a light decision because I knew it would take with it the use of my bluetooth keyboard. I installed 8.1 from scratch, so it was pretty clean and though I think 8.1 vindicates all the UI decisions Microsoft has taken with 10, it was very nice to have a phone again that was fast, responsive reliable.
But now I've upgraded to the latest version and on current showing I'm thinking they've nearly cracked it. I've learnt a few things along the way, like the need to remove all the grouped folders from the start screen, but with that done it seems to have transferred all my personalisation and apps without any problems, and is currently performing smoothly and quickly, so that I've not even felt the need to do a hard reset. I think as others have suggested the battery drain is heavier than 8.1, so that still needs to be optimised, but it's looking good, as indeed it needs to if they're going to launch the damn thing next month...

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
10549 installed yesterday, i left the phone with the airplane mode after full charge, the battery drops about 2% overnight. i will test it with wifi and 4g on today.

ak1520

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Found out this build makes the phone get hot while charging. With all radios turned off.
Last build got hot while charging through Qi, this one does it even with a normal charger.

I went to check the charging stats in the battery apps and it showed a charging rate of over 50% per hour. I found this to be more than a bit weird, and potentially dangerous.

Also, while in normal use it works better than the last version, this build has a tendency to go REALLY hot REALLY fast.

I'll give it a couple of days and I'll see if I keep using it. I'm tempted to go back to 8.1 and forget about the troubles but there's a couple of things that I like in W10M vs 8.1. Though without Cortana and with massive battery and heat problems I'm seriously considering it.

Just want to use this as a point of comment. I went through the process to get this build as soon as it was available.

My observations
10536 gave me this issue of it REALLY heating up during charge, I didn't spend enough time to find out what was causing it (all radios on, wifi only, bluetooth etc)
I read another comment in this thread that 10549 is crisp, clean. I really do agree. When i used the phone recovery tool, I didn't restore to a saved back up (though I did back up before doing all of this). Whether it's the new build or the fact I started fresh, I'm happy with the responsiveness.

I noticed some hiccups in regards to Edge; at times when I'm about to type an address, (i begin typing m.fa....) and it prefills it out- it'll show prefilled, however the text that is highlighted (that it filled in for me) wont be visible, that's just when I first open edge though.
- Also in edge, attempting to save a picture from a page is spotty, sometimes when choosing a location to save it'll crash out. Other times when it does 'save' it, it really doesn't or it's a 0kb file with the name of the image I attempted to save.
- I've noticed this a build or two back but I'm still not able to copy and paste a link between tabs. But a copied link from edge to say a message works.

I'm just blabbering out things I've compared since things are starting to really smooth out with this one. I like this build.

Oh! duh, it's not heating up anymore when it's plugged in an charging, both bluetooth and wifi are on too.

Anyway, good overall improvement with all of this. Looking forward to the next build.

galbenush

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Things i like about the update :

1. "Seems faster"
2. Phone now vibrates while ringing, not just at the beginning
3. Phone now vibrates when the other person answers the phone
4. You can customize the phone in the display settings to show 5 action centre icons and phablet like multitask menu - restart required, I recomend the 250% setting, 225 seemed too small for my taste (Lumia 930) - ( things appear a bit small but you can increase the text size in the ease of acces menu )

Things i don't like :
1 After i take a photo in Windows Camera, i can;t see it. Must close the app and open it again to see it from the app's photo viewer.

Slowly but surely Windows 10 is becoming the OS with the most customizable start screen. With a little bit of imagination you can change your start screen however you like, with all kinds of icons, transparent, colored, semi transparent, non-existent, folders, with apps like Tile gap you can put your tiles wherever you want, if you want ! The new display settings + the show more tiles options allow for a really minimalistic start screen, like 2-3 almost invisible small sized transparent tiles etc.

I kinda like how things are evolving with the OS so far, if Microsoft keep this level of developing for another year or so, amazing things will happen. However it is hard to believe that they will continue at this rate after the official Windows 10 release, after all they are a company and their goal is to bring money to the stock holders, spend as little and get as much as they can.

These crazy changes are a necessary evil to their pockets, but a good thing for all smartphone users, cuz' as of now Google and Apple are forced to up their game as well to avoid losing some market share to Windows. This competition puts all smartphone users in advantage.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
One new issue, and one issue I had hoped would be cleared up but isn't.

The new issue is that none of my apps will download. I have 78 apps waiting to download, but they all keep failing with error code 0x80246008.

The old issue is entering a number in the dial pad is very slow. You press a number and it beeps for like three seconds before you can enter the next number. It doesn't do this for every number, but probably 1 out of 3. Seems like a memory issue.

superzxx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Any idea why they removed 3G only option from sim setting :-(

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

disappointing really, i hope they don't mean it final
---
Transparency slider is gone too,
Heard the same problem from previous post,
Seems not everyone having this problem ? So i assume contact and messages bug am having isn't widespread too.

Weird because in dialer history and speed dial, contact showed up, but it is not on people app, already try ticking up Microsoft account check box in people app setting, but no luck

Last edited:

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just want to use this as a point of comment. I went through the process to get this build as soon as it was available.

My observations
10536 gave me this issue of it REALLY heating up during charge, I didn't spend enough time to find out what was causing it (all radios on, wifi only, bluetooth etc)
I read another comment in this thread that 10549 is crisp, clean. I really do agree. When i used the phone recovery tool, I didn't restore to a saved back up (though I did back up before doing all of this). Whether it's the new build or the fact I started fresh, I'm happy with the responsiveness.

I noticed some hiccups in regards to Edge; at times when I'm about to type an address, (i begin typing m.fa....) and it prefills it out- it'll show prefilled, however the text that is highlighted (that it filled in for me) wont be visible, that's just when I first open edge though.
- Also in edge, attempting to save a picture from a page is spotty, sometimes when choosing a location to save it'll crash out. Other times when it does 'save' it, it really doesn't or it's a 0kb file with the name of the image I attempted to save.
- I've noticed this a build or two back but I'm still not able to copy and paste a link between tabs. But a copied link from edge to say a message works.

I'm just blabbering out things I've compared since things are starting to really smooth out with this one. I like this build.

Oh! duh, it's not heating up anymore when it's plugged in an charging, both bluetooth and wifi are on too.

Anyway, good overall improvement with all of this. Looking forward to the next build.

So it doesn't heat anymore for you? What phone are you running this on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo