Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Guys, i have a lumia 520, just enrolled the insider program, the update is ready but before i install, i want to ask if its okay to go on according to your experience with the build so far. Its my daily driver but i dont do much stuff cause of work, Just calls, whatsapp, twitter and fb. Is it okay?

Thanks in advance.

It's okay. Nothing is broken from the features you mentioned.

NH3MAN

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

I just finished it up. Made sure I made a good fresh backup. Went back to 8.1 with WDR (had to reset 10 for the recovery tool to work). Confirmed it was Denim, then updated to Windows 10 (it updated twice). Then reset it and installed backup and its working very well so far.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I found the phone had to have the screen on otherwise the WiFi disconnected and caused errors on downloads that were half way through.

Yes this is the case, it seems that the setting to let WiFi work under lockscreen isn't there. Not sure if they just allow it now or if the option is missing currently as they added this ability back in one of the updates for Windows Phone 8.

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed yesterday. Been using all TP as my daily driver. The installation is quite fast, did a hard reset, and took a long time for the long list of apps to update. And than this morning checked for updates and another 17 apps got updated. Thus far, build is so much faster, camera app also much quicker to launch. Like stated, many of the bugs have been fixed. I'm running it on a Lumia 635, don't seems to have the Cortana background issue, battery life seems fine.

Edit: There is still some "loading" "resuming" issue when returning to home screen. Though much much improved.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Unfortunately no, the only way you'll see the update is you roll back to WP 8.1, you can of course set to restore. But i usually would recommend setting up from scratch. I even hard-reset an additional time after it booted up just to be sure.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
For anyone interested. I have been running this build on my 1520 with ~100 apps pinned to start, in and out of folders. I have had NO loading/resuming screens.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Good for the most part one big issue I'm having is the Skype video isn't working everyone i try it it immediately says call failed

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I had to do a Hard Reset from my L535 since I noticed the Store updates were not "moving along"..
After it was done the Store Updates went OK and progressing...

Pat5zero

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
This is my first attempt as I believe this build is getting to the RTM and am prepared to try it (windows 10) out..
My full experience took over 6 hours, the process of update is very slow and unpredictable. I noticed as soon as the system was installed it failed dismally with no WiFi, no edge no really anything. I read around and finally tried a hard reset and all was fixed. I have 1520 its updated excellent now, I see with the updates in the store section.

WHSdad

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that my live tiles for messaging and email doesn't show notifications that I have any messages or emails. Anyone else have this problem since 10549 update?

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
640xl dual sim phone :
upgraded to the 10549 yesterday, and after few more apps update, the phone works fine ( much better than the 10536). But the store is very slow for any apps updates. since this is my first wp, i could only compare it to the google play store's apps update experience which is way much faster. i hope the wm store app update can pick up speed in next build release. does anyone have the same problems?

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520 / Fresh install from 8.1 upgraded directly to this build.

• Store loads so sloooooooow. It's so frustrating!!!
• OneNote crashes when there are lots of pictures attached to the notebook. Some notebook won't even load.
• Vine crashes and/or logs me out. I have to re-log-in every time I open it.
• Loading... Resuming... is still there albeit 'a bit quicker'.
• They were able to 'update' the emojis - which I personally have no use much. - And seems to be the MAJOR update in this build.
• "Hey, Cortana!" When are you coming back???
• A banking app I use isn't available for download anymore in this build but worked on the previous one as well as 8.1.

I use OneNote on a daily basis and due to it always crashing in this build, I have to revert back to 8.1. Will wait for the next build... Again.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520 / Fresh install from 8.1 upgraded directly to this build.

? Store loads so sloooooooow. It's so frustrating!!!
? OneNote crashes when there are lots of pictures attached to the notebook. Some notebook won't even load.
? Vine crashes and/or logs me out. I have to re-log-in every time I open it.
? Loading... Resuming... is still there albeit 'a bit quicker'.
? They were able to 'update' the emojis - which I personally have no use much. - And seems to be the MAJOR update in this build.
? "Hey, Cortana!" When are you coming back???
? A banking app I use isn't available for download anymore in this build but worked on the previous one as well as 8.1.

I use OneNote on a daily basis and due to it always crashing in this build, I have to revert back to 8.1. Will wait for the next build... Again.

Have you tried to hard reset after you upgrade to 10549?

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Running good on my L520. A lot of apps updating. Groove music has been my only problem, but it just got an update. Hopefully will be better. It does run on 512MB phones. Maybe my daily driver.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro