Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
What happens when you minimize the font so that the phone becomes a PC and then connect it to a monitor or TV and using a blue-tooth mouse with them. Can you have some of the Continuum experiences ?

The phone doesn't become a PC. The apps just have really small text.

Swapnil Rane

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes I am running the build on 730 with one hard reset after installing the build. Overall the build is really stable and gives a lot of hope for RTM. Only time can tell. Although I say, if you're willing to do the reset after installing the build, you are good to go, the build is brilliant (to be called a build).

Swapnil Rane

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the speech thing, you need to install Windows Insider app AND configure it to receive build (fast or slow as per your choice). Try downloading the files again and check windows update for additional speech support. This worked for me and I hope it does for you too! Thank you!

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I must say that this build feels very polished. There's some small UI bugs here and there but I haven't experienced any slowdowns or reboots thus far.
Battery life seems decent as well to be honest. Usually my M8 would drain within four hours when in use. Now it lasts long enough for me to consider it being decent (roughly 10-12 hours with my usage)

giving the 640XL it a spin now. Text looks jagged though, not because of the lower ppi since some apps have crisp text. Doesn't bother me that much, but I can imagine people would.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just went through the entire process om my 830. So far so good. Good response time and no startup issues.....yet. Had a few apps that had trouble installing but retried successfully. I did not do a restore. I rolled back to 8.1 and also got my Cyan update. Installed new build, then did a hard reset. I'm starting completely clean.

Matei Alexander

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
For me it feels a lot more faster and more responsive than previous build/s. Still have to test the battery drain. No other reset than the one to 8.1 from previous build. Also, I was able to install Nokia Panorama and Nokia Refocus apps, which were unavailable on previous builds.

Have Lumia 520.

seasidepb

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I take that back... don't know if it's because of the further update to the very flaky Skype messaging integration, but now it's become hopelessly unstable. Back to 8.1 and I might just wait till an official release now...

faXcooL

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Just few things I can't stand :

01. Notifications won't show on lock screen (missed calls, messages...). Also had the same problem with 10536.
02. Edge has some serious issues with Facebook (website, not an app). I'm unable to attach any image I choose, it just says "Resuming..." and it reloads. Also, when I type a message I need to tap "Send" twice. When I try to click "load more" to see an older messages, again, I need to tap twice. And the last thing : it has some serious issues with copy/paste. Selection of a text is a pain in the ***, and even if I succeed, I'll be unable to paste it.
03. Alarm didn't wake me up this morning. First I thought I didn't hear it, but then I tried again - it just won't work.
04. Some applications are not displeyed correctly and they have some resolution problems (Viber, for example).
05. Instagram won't work (but I guess an app doesn't have a support for W10)

By the way, battery drained quickly, but I solved this issue by activating "Sunlight readability" option in "Extras > Display". Option for "Automatically adjuct display brightness" remained activated (but if you try to change that it just won't turn back to previous state).

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
For me it feels a lot more faster and more responsive than previous build/s. Still have to test the battery drain. No other reset than the one to 8.1 from previous build. Also, I was able to install Nokia Panorama and Nokia Refocus apps, which were unavailable on previous builds.

Have Lumia 520.

Pls tell how you installed those apps?

MobileOperator

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 520, the build is good for to run as a daily driver, battery also good was 100% morning after 7, now its at 66% using WhatsApp and messenger WC. Sometimes the messaging app doesn't respond but can live with that.

Absolutely no ways am going to 8.1 again. Am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05