Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I install w10m today, and i'm use it couple of hours. In my opinion it still not a daily driver. I don't know, did someone having problems with Skype? I can't call any one on video call. Try to call, it crash, if not, it calling but I can turn on video. Next problem. When you start record video, first couple of sec, picture stops, freezes up, and then it records normal. And when you play that video in gallery, that freez, you can see it. Then, edge. When i try to go to some sub menu (drop menu), I have to press like 5 times to that menu to drop down, that I can select what I want. Does anyone else have thees problems? My Lumia is 735
p.s. sorry if my english is bad

You should give it some time, if you can. Go into the store and check for updates, I believe Skype was updated. MS has a lot of app updates. Sorry, I don't use Skype though. It takes a little time for the phone to get stable. Groove music and messaging crashed for me, but are OK now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a lot of aps that become unresponsive and even when closed will fail to re open untill ive locked & unlocked my phone a couple of time...anyone else ???

Yes, I'm seeing that also, I keep checking the stock for updates and doing soft resets after installs.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So I realized after my hard reset yesterday, the windows insider app was not installed. I just installed it and there was an update waiting, 10549.4. Installed that, and now it's reinstalling all my apps again. They were all just updated an hour ago. This is getting to be too much.
EDIT: so actually the apps are there, menu says pending, but the apps run. weird.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Really impressed with this build on my 1520. Only a few minor problems but overall much faster, more stable and more responsive. I adjusted my zoom to 225% (down from 250%) and it looks really good. I actually think the display looks nicer like that.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
update after few days usage of 10549: my 640xl dual sim lte :
the sim 2's data function not working. i have set to allow the data to sim2 only, but there is no data connection.

update: i played around with the setting ( access profile), and finally the sim2's lte works! wow

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
hows the build on your 1020? stable enough ? the camera?

It's good, never had huge problems on my 1020 with any build from 10512 onwards.

Current problems:
-battery saver, data usage, wifi usage statistics showing zero. They're not measuring or recording any data
-Opening lumia camera through long pressing the camera button will open it but the orientation is locked on portrait mode
-If I use the display scaling to 175%, I can't open task viewer. It will open if the scaling is 200%

Plus points: lumia camera is back, no lagging, resuming, battery performance does seem a bit less than 8.1 though I need to monitor more

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Cant get Cortana's interests to work, even after couple of soft restarts it just says "unavailable", while they work on my PCs. Tried USA and UK region, both same issue.

Is this a general Cortana and 10549 issue or its only me? Quiet hours scheduele works just fine.

Maher Abu Zer

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
On Lumia 620, it is generally slow, and the phone dial-er app does not work, once you open it, it will try to run but it closes, you need to use People app and make a phone call.

dartho19

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
So with the new scaling feature, we can have a continuum-like user experience with 1520 when it's connected through miracast/mhl to an external monitor? Someone tryed this?

mirda13

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
You should give it some time, if you can. Go into the store and check for updates, I believe Skype was updated. MS has a lot of app updates. Sorry, I don't use Skype though. It takes a little time for the phone to get stable. Groove music and messaging crashed for me, but are OK now.

I didn't think it was so bad. of course, it need's more fine tuning, I know that. Il wait, but i hope so that MS will change their mind and relese final W10M earlier then they thought.

zedddy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
been using it for my Lumia 720 phone and so far it is the best update.

notes:
-there's still that slow feeling like when you open the lockscreen and the messages and phone
-weird that whenever i reply using the notification, it does not send. i hope this can be fixed.

zdenekvanik

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So far much better experience than last build
+ faster
+ longer battery life
+ refresh bug on the icons and application drawer is almost gone

- telephone application acts weird sometimes - translated to different language, occasional vibrations during phones (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium